5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Rebel build

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Awesome! I really appreciate your input. The cost is not as much as I thought, so I'll definitely purchase the Bilstein 5100s, to keep the level look and height from the 3.5" Readylift kit.

Absolutely, but just note, the higher you go on the 5100's, the stiffer it gets. But since you have the top spacer already, you are already getting 2", so at the middle setting on the 5100, your ride should still be nice and you will get over 3". As mentioned earlier, with the UCAs already installed, you don't want to go beyond 3.5" anyways.

You and I are in the same boat here, so make sure to double check this with the install shop, that you will get the ride you want with these shocks. Check the 5100 forum thread and contact some of those that have already installed them just to get another opinion as well.

PROJO

Reaction score
Absolutely, but just note, the higher you go on the 5100's, the stiffer it gets. But since you have the top spacer already, you are already getting 2", so at the middle setting on the 5100, your ride should still be nice and you will get over 3". As mentioned earlier, with the UCAs already installed, you don't want to go beyond 3.5" anyways.

You and I are in the same boat here, so make sure to double check this with the install shop, that you will get the ride you want with these shocks. Check the 5100 forum thread and contact some of those that have already installed them just to get another opinion as well.

Will do, I'll make sure to do a little more research - from what you've been reading on the thread, are most people happy with the 3.5" Readylift (and front Bilstein 5100 suspension) setup?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Will do, I'll make sure to do a little more research - from what you've been reading on the thread, are most people happy with the 3.5" Readylift (and front Bilstein 5100 suspension) setup?

Yup, seems to match from what I've read. I called my local installer, he said the Billsteins ride well just as long as they aren't full extended to the 2.5", 2" and below they still ride well. He said the top spacer can easily be adjusted to 1-2", so getting the 3.5" lift with good ride quality will not be an issue. If you have a 4WD, he says 3.5" will be as high as he would recommend for a safe front axle angle, also assuming you have the aftermarket UCAs.

PROJO

Reaction score
Yup, seems to match from what I've read. I called my local installer, he said the Billsteins ride well just as long as they aren't full extended to the 2.5", 2" and below they still ride well. He said the top spacer can easily be adjusted to 1-2", so getting the 3.5" lift with good ride quality will not be an issue. If you have a 4WD, he says 3.5" will be as high as he would recommend for a safe front axle angle, also assuming you have the aftermarket UCAs.

Cool! Thanks, again. Have you ordered the pair of the bilsteins - I'm wondering how long they would take to arrive

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks, again. Have you ordered the pair of the bilsteins - I'm wondering how long they would take to arrive

Not yet, I'm waiting for my shop to have a calendar slot, they will order the parts for me. Essentially the Readylift 2" kit & Bilstein adjustable front shocks. I may also order a 1" spacer for the rear.

PROJO

Reaction score
Not yet, I'm waiting for my shop to have a calendar slot, they will order the parts for me. Essentially the Readylift 2" kit & Bilstein adjustable front shocks. I may also order a 1" spacer for the rear.

Have you ran the 3.5" kit without the preloaded spacer? - is there a noticeable difference from height and level?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Have you ran the 3.5" kit without the preloaded spacer? - is there a noticeable difference from height and level?

No, haven't run the 3.5" kit. But I believe that kit is essentially the 2" level kit with the addition of the spring spacer, rear coil spring spacer & rear bump stop pads.

Without the proload spacer, it should be a 2" level over stock.

Users who are viewing this thread