5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My RANT for the day / week / year ??? Lol

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These reverse lights are USELESS, I’m used to backing up tractor trailers so it is what it is, but you would think these would be better. Effectively on a scale from 1-10 I would readily give mine a 3. Now of course I’m the only one that feels this way and I understand that so if this thread needs to be deleted I’m ok with with that. Ok end of rant folks. :)

Nah, they suck. Especially when I'm backing up early in the AM. Might as well wear night vision goggles.

I was thinking about recessing a couple led cubes in the rear bumper.

I’m the same way and just came back from having it up on the lift. If all goes well I’ll have something by this weekend.

I'm working on something, just gotta find the right sized lights (harder than expected). Will do a full write-up when completed.
I’m the same way and just came back from having it up on the lift. If all goes well I’ll have something by this weekend.
I'm interested to see what you guys come up with. I was out in the boonies last night and ended up having to turn around on a ridge in the dark. Couldn't see anything in my mirrors or on the camera so I had to move a few inches, get out and check, then move some more, then check again...... Got old real fast!

I must be the only one that does not find the lights inadequate. My prior MB SUV had truly terrible backup lights, so to me the RAM is a big improvement. Could it be better? Of course, but I don't think they're bad by any means.

Yeah, I have to agree. My '14 had great backup lights, and the camera was clear and bright at night. The new '19 lights are dimmer, and the camera isn't anywhere near as nice at night.

I must be the only one that does not find the lights inadequate. My prior MB SUV had truly terrible backup lights, so to me the RAM is a big improvement. Could it be better? Of course, but I don't think they're bad by any means.

I'm with you. My backup cam is quite bright and easy to see. The side cams are noticeably dimmer in the dark than the rear.

^^^. Lol I would love to know what you guys are using as far as reverse lighting. Maybe I’m spoiled by the fact that when I put all my other vehicles in reverse, I can actually see what’s behind me. Now granted my front (2) windows are tinted but still even with those two windows down, it’s a hot mess in my opinion...

^^^. Lol I would love to know what you guys are using as far as reverse lighting. Maybe I’m spoiled by the fact that when I put all my other vehicles in reverse, I can actually see what’s behind me. Now granted my front (2) windows are tinted but still even with those two windows down, it’s a hot mess in my opinion...
Mirrors and 360 camera. No issues.

Cheers,

I know that I can not possibly be the only person who feels the reverse lights are inadequate.

I know that I can not possibly be the only person who feels the reverse lights are inadequate.
theres a thread dedicated to this. With guys posting the mods they made and where to tap power for the additional lights. i like using my mirrors versus camera but you can't see crap in the mirrors, I plan to add some lights for rear side as well as the rear. Just trying to figure out how to keep them incognito.

I'm with you. My backup cam is quite bright and easy to see. The side cams are noticeably dimmer in the dark than the rear.
Agreed. I can't see much of anything via the mirrors in the dark, but the backup cam is about as clear as a night vision camera onscreen.

Back up lights? isn't that what the screen is for?

I just retired from FD, by policy we had to use a "backer". I found this more distracting but hey never ran over a jump seat, left one behind once but that is another story...

My son swapped in some LED's that require sunglasses at night. The bed light alone lights up like an eclipse.

Agreed. I can't see much of anything via the mirrors in the dark, but the backup cam is about as clear as a night vision camera onscreen.
Yeah I agree the camera does a pretty good job even at night. the problem I have is that I back in next to a curb quite often and prefer to avoid curb checking my wheels and rashing the lip, thats why I like using my mirrors but I can't see jack in them at night.

Yes the camer is great for what’s behind you on that I will agree. But I’m solely referring to the amount of light that emanates once you put it in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back