5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ram doesn't have a hitch

MNinichuck

Reaction score
My Ram I bought didn't come with a hitch. Rather than paying $1000.00 and having the dealer install one, I am doing research and looking to install one myself. I found one made by Curt (part # 13419) that bolts right to the safety chain holes on the cross bar underneath the truck, and through bolts through the hole for the ball on the bumper. It has a 6000 lb. weight carrying capacity and 600 lb. tongue weight. What are your opinions on this hitch? I thought about getting a full hitch to bolt on. Are there any full hitches that don't require removing the back bumper to install?

Attachments

• IMG_1531.PNG
    IMG_1531.PNG
    234.8 KB · Views: 57

spaightlabs

Reaction score
What are you gonna tow?

I personally wouldn't do that, I'd put a class IV/V on. I think putting a class III on is asking for trouble...

MNinichuck

Reaction score
What are you gonna tow?

I personally wouldn't do that, I'd put a class IV/V on. I think putting a class III on is asking for trouble...
I won't be towing anything that heavy. everything that I tow is under 6000 lbs. Mostly 12' and 14' flat trailers. I am planning on buying a small camper in the spring. I agree with installing a class IV/V on, just wanting opinions on class III.

Users who are viewing this thread