5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Pros & cons with AA Wireless and MA1 Adapter

Hutch70

Reaction score
After using both of them for the past few weeks. I only have a couple of issues with both units. both units connect just fine and I have no issues when it comes to music or NAV.
For the AA Wireless however, The app allows me to put the unit into a standby mode due to the USB ports NEVER shutting down. But when it comes to voice commands it really sucks. in fact I would go as far to say that the voice command function doesn't work at all with MY phone (Galaxy Fold 3).

As for the MA1. It doesn't have any sort of app so my phone stays connected to the unit forcing me to unplug it. on the other hand the voice commands work flawlessly, just as if it was connected by wire.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a FYI, the USB ports in the center console turn off automatically after 1 hour

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My AAWireless works great with voice commands.
I've had it since October and never had a single issue with it then last week it was having connection issues. I cleared the system cache on my phone and deleted the phone and AAwireless app from the Uconnect projection page and updated the AAWireless to v1.80 and it reconnected and has been working flawlessly again.

Hutch70

Reaction score
I did that too, but still have issue. I'm starting to think it's my phone.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
ive been using the ma1 for about 3 weeks. works flawless. love it.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I wish I could get my hands on either one. I have had the AA wireless on order for months, and haven't been able to find the MA1 in stock anywhere. :(

Hutch70

Reaction score
I signed up for the October release but didn't get mine until January.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I finally git mine today, but am honestly quite disappointed so far. It connects to my phone just fine, but it wouldn't load the google maps on the head unit. I finally got the maps to load by removing the AAwireless from the head unit. Now that the maps are working, I can't seem to get the voice commands to work. It just listens for a command non stop. I finally just gave up for the night, but I am really disappointed that I waited so long for this thing and it won't even perform the most important tasks for me, voice commanded navigation using Google Maps. :(

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Alright, for those that might have similar issues as I did. I was able to get everything working correctly (for now at least). I ended up deleting the AAwireless app and Android Auto from my phone. I also deleted my phone from my RAM and reset the AAwireless itself, basically started from scratch. After re-installing everything, and getting my phone set back up with the truck, everything seems to be working correctly now. Hopefully it continues to connect and work properly and this was not a one time fix. I will certainly update if there are anymore issues.

Hutch70

Reaction score
Alright, for those that might have similar issues as I did. I was able to get everything working correctly (for now at least). I ended up deleting the AAwireless app and Android Auto from my phone. I also deleted my phone from my RAM and reset the AAwireless itself, basically started from scratch. After re-installing everything, and getting my phone set back up with the truck, everything seems to be working correctly now. Hopefully it continues to connect and work properly and this was not a one time fix. I will certainly update if there are anymore issues.
I did that too with the same results. I'm thinking the issue might be my phone. I also discovered a new problem. sometimes it wants to connect to my wife's phone for some strange reason, and it will not let me connect at all while it's trying to find her phone. It's a real pain.

Users who are viewing this thread