5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gbp12

Reaction score
I've been looking at pressure washers for a while. What brand have you found that works best for you? I've been looking for one that does home jobs and car.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I've been looking at pressure washers for a while. What brand have you found that works best for you? I've been looking for one that does home jobs and car.
I recommend going to obsessed garage's website and getting ether the active or ar blue with the middle package.

Really nothing in that website will be a bad purchase.

I have the AR blue as the active is really only good at washing cars where with the AR blue I can swap the tip on the gun and get my pressure high enough to do concrete.

You want around 1k psi and 2 gallons a minute. Matt from obsessed garage does testing on almost everyone on the market and the majority of them don't do what they say they do in terms of gpm and psi.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I have a $99 small ryobi one and honestly it’s powerful enough to remove anything on the truck or around the house without damaging it haha. It might be super weak compared to others but I feel like it’s perfectly adequate

Cajun_

Reaction score
For what it’s worth I have a $99 small ryobi one and honestly it’s powerful enough to remove anything on the truck or around the house without damaging it haha. It might be super weak compared to others but I feel like it’s perfectly adequate
There isnt a single Ryobi able to hit anywhere near 2 gpm at 1k psi

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
There isnt a single Ryobi able to hit anywhere near 2 gpm at 1k psi
Yeah this one is only 1.6gpm and I’m not sure about psi. But I’m just saying it’s cheap and honestly works great. I wouldn’t mind a more powerful one but I don’t feel like this is underpowered either

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I also have one. Perfect for washing the truck and doing little stuff around the house. You shouldn’t need a gas powered high psi pressure wash just to wash vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cajun_

Reaction score
Yeah this one is only 1.6gpm and I’m not sure about psi. But I’m just saying it’s cheap and honestly works great. I wouldn’t mind a more powerful one but I don’t feel like this is underpowered either
It doesn't even do that. Every one of those things produce significantly less psi and more importantly less gpm then what's written on them. Active is tested and measured to do 2 gpm at 1000k psi. You don't want more than 1300 psi to wash a truck or you start sand blasting the dirt into the paint. Obsessed garage has done all the tests.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info.

This will get you everything you need. Including a nice hose that can go all the way around the truck.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It doesn't even do that. Every one of those things produce significantly less psi and more importantly less gpm then what's written on them. Active is tested and measured to do 2 gpm at 1000k psi. You don't want more than 1300 psi to wash a truck or you start sand blasting the dirt into the paint. Obsessed garage has done all the tests.
Well whatever the specs are, the truth is it works just fine! I’ve been using it for a year now and it works perfect.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Sun Joe SPX3000, and upgraded the gun and nozzle on it. Someday I might spend money on a new pressure washer, but haven't found the need yet.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Three bucket meathod (wheels, rinse and wash), pressure washer with foam cannon or garden hose with Adams premium foam gun. Adams soft water filters.

Rinse wheels and spray with gyeon wheel and tire cleaners in foaming sprayer. Rinse and spray with gyeon wetcoat and rinse with pressure washer.

Pre spray paint with rinseless wash
Rinse paint with pressure washer.

Foam cannon with gsf from koch chemie. Let sit for 5 minutes and rinse off using mist from pressure washer.

Debug with gtechnic w8 v2, and remove water spots with Adams water spot remover, and treat ppf with ironx or ceramic pro cleaner. Clean grill with soft brushes.

Rinse with soft water

Snow foam with foam cannon again with gsf from koch chemie.

Wash bucket has Adams car shampoo in it but you can use anything that lubricates the paint the most and doesn't have wax in it.

Use microfiber pad on extendable arm to scrub roof, window and center of hood.

Use microfiber pad (microfiber madness or the rag company) for side windows and top half of truck above chrome trim.

Use chemical guys wash mit for lower half of truck to pick up larger debris that may still be on paint.

Use soft brush to wash any trim and badges.

Rinse with soft water.

Spray paint with wetcoat if using pressure washer and rinse again.

Spray paint with xtream solutions topper and dry with twisted drying towel (Adams or the rag company or griots garage).

Leaf blow all cracks and badges and wipe dry again.

Shine tires with whatever you want. I haven't decided on anything specific yet.

Clean glass with invisible glass or spray away with waffle weave microfiber towel.

After an hour, follow up with a final layer of xtream solutions topper, angle polish high gloss, xxx, or p&s beed maker to reduce dust and increase gloss through the roof.

After that you should be able to maintain the truck every week with just a rinseless wash and the topper until you find tree sap, bird crap or mud starts sticking to the paint (about 3 months). Or you can be crazy like me and do all this every week and do the rinseless wash every night if I have time.

I vacuum the inside and kick anyone out who tried to eat in the truck. Color guard leather cleaner is nice. Gyeon makes a good general purpose interior cleaner.

Just curious to see if anyone else is as nuts as I am when it comes to washing their truck.
WoW, you sound just like me. My wife hates going anywhere in my trucks cux I won't let her eat OR apply make up!
But my 22 yr old Dodge is still immaculate inside and out.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
truck is ceramic coated. Unfortunately, due to the chemicals and sugar in the air from my works cooling tower constantly raining down onto my paint I need to do a lot of extra work to prevent essentially the worse case of water spotting you will ever see. The daily rinse takes 10 minutes and doesn't require touching the paint and is just to remove the sugar dust. If I didn't ceramic coat the truck I wouldn't have paint in 3 years.
Can you buy a light cover for parking at work?

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Three bucket meathod (wheels, rinse and wash), pressure washer with foam cannon or garden hose with Adams premium foam gun. Adams soft water filters.

Rinse wheels and spray with gyeon wheel and tire cleaners in foaming sprayer. Rinse and spray with gyeon wetcoat and rinse with pressure washer.

Pre spray paint with rinseless wash
Rinse paint with pressure washer.

Foam cannon with gsf from koch chemie. Let sit for 5 minutes and rinse off using mist from pressure washer.

Debug with gtechnic w8 v2, and remove water spots with Adams water spot remover, and treat ppf with ironx or ceramic pro cleaner. Clean grill with soft brushes.

Rinse with soft water

Snow foam with foam cannon again with gsf from koch chemie.

Wash bucket has Adams car shampoo in it but you can use anything that lubricates the paint the most and doesn't have wax in it.

Use microfiber pad on extendable arm to scrub roof, window and center of hood.

Use microfiber pad (microfiber madness or the rag company) for side windows and top half of truck above chrome trim.

Use chemical guys wash mit for lower half of truck to pick up larger debris that may still be on paint.

Use soft brush to wash any trim and badges.

Rinse with soft water.

Spray paint with wetcoat if using pressure washer and rinse again.

Spray paint with xtream solutions topper and dry with twisted drying towel (Adams or the rag company or griots garage).

Leaf blow all cracks and badges and wipe dry again.

Shine tires with whatever you want. I haven't decided on anything specific yet.

Clean glass with invisible glass or spray away with waffle weave microfiber towel.

After an hour, follow up with a final layer of xtream solutions topper, angle polish high gloss, xxx, or p&s beed maker to reduce dust and increase gloss through the roof.

After that you should be able to maintain the truck every week with just a rinseless wash and the topper until you find tree sap, bird crap or mud starts sticking to the paint (about 3 months). Or you can be crazy like me and do all this every week and do the rinseless wash every night if I have time.

I vacuum the inside and kick anyone out who tried to eat in the truck. Color guard leather cleaner is nice. Gyeon makes a good general purpose interior cleaner.

Just curious to see if anyone else is as nuts as I am when it comes to washing their truck.
To show my crazy.
I was out this morning in 38° degrees washing my new baby!

Users who are viewing this thread