5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new to me Truck died yesterday!!!

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Here's the picture you asked for. He said one of the terminals in the picture was loose. I think he pointed at the seconed one from the right. I think the terminal is for the passenger seat.
Why is your passenger seat outside of your truck and how??🤔

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There were a few people several months who posted about those terminals being loose. Thankfully it was an easy fix and not the ghost in the machine.

If you're getting a new battery, go up a size to an H8. It will fit after you remove a small bracket in the tray.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Handicap power seat. It automatically lowers and retracts for person on a wheelchair. It came with the truck.

v/r

Rick
Wow. I didn't even know that was an option!

Rambilt

Reaction score
Wow. I didn't even know that was an option!
It wasn't one of the options that you can order with the truck. I think the previous owner had it installed after the truck was purchased.

v/r

Rick

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SilverWSG, thank for your response this is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. You just gave me back some kind of confidence on towing with this truck. This truck will have to earn my trust in towing I'm pretty she'll earn it pretty quickly because I just love the way this truck rides.

I am going to the closest autozone/Advance auto parts this morning and have them test my battery and maybe just replace it with an AGM type battery. This truck was seating in the dealer's lot for a while before I bought. Maybe it's just time to replace the battery.

BTW< what did you replaced your battery with. I'm thinking of maybe getting an Optima Yellow top battery. What do you think?

v/r

Rick

I just went with a Duralast battery, I've heard that quality in Optima's has gone down. The Autozone warranty has also never done me wrong and it's always been easy to work with.

Rambilt

Reaction score
I just went with a Duralast battery, I've heard that quality in Optima's has gone down. The Autozone warranty has also never done me wrong and it's always been easy to work with.
I didn't replace my battery because the boss said no if you know what I mean.

v/r

Rick

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
on the cars that i take road trips, camping trips, and stuff in I change my starting battery every 2 years. Not because they're bad or anything, but because I have aftermarket accessories (fridge, aux lights, and stuff) that draws from the main battery and I see it as a regular maintenance item. Also because I can get batteries at cost.

It seems like it's time for new battery!

Rambilt

Reaction score
Towed my trailer today to verify the fix the dealer did on my new to me truck. It towed very well, got home without an incident except for a warning light (see attached pic). I guess when you enable the tow/haul mode to on it automatically disables the stop/start system. I did not push the stop/start button, it just gave me a warning stating the stop/start is no longer functioning immediately after I enabled the tow/haul button. The truck towed very well, the transmission shifted smoothly and didn't really hear the engine revved much. When I got home after parking and unhooking the trailer I shut off the engine and restarted the truck. The truck started fine and the warning light goes away. I guess my truck is FIXED!!! Freaking Awesome!! Total Confidence is back!!

Just want to let you guys know that the fix the dealer did works!! So make sure the nuts on the terminal inside the fuse box are tight.

v/r

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_1471.PNG
    IMG_1471.PNG
    951 KB · Views: 13

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Towed my trailer today to verify the fix the dealer did on my new to me truck. It towed very well, got home without an incident except for a warning light (see attached pic). I guess when you enable the tow/haul mode to on it automatically disables the stop/start system. I did not push the stop/start button, it just gave me a warning stating the stop/start is no longer functioning immediately after I enabled the tow/haul button. The truck towed very well, the transmission shifted smoothly and didn't really hear the engine revved much. When I got home after parking and unhooking the trailer I shut off the engine and restarted the truck. The truck started fine and the warning light goes away. I guess my truck is FIXED!!! Freaking Awesome!! Total Confidence is back!!

Just want to let you guys know that the fix the dealer did works!! So make sure the nuts on the terminal inside the fuse box are tight.

v/r

Rick
now to make it peace of mind, take a paint marker and mark those nuts. But before you do verify all of them are tight first lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online