5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New Silver Limited - Initial Thoughts

rjrugby11

Reaction score
Hey all, I want to thank everyone for the great threads and info that led me to making my first Truck purchase. I've been fortunate (and sometimes not so much) to drive rovers, BMWs, Jeeps and this truck is on par from the luxury of those vehicles, ride quality and technology. I wanted to share some pics of the new ride and my first day experience. I put about 100 miles on the truck and the only thing I have found is the same A/C issues everyone else has experienced. It was hot and muggy (not like you TX guys) here in CO yesterday and the A/C took a good 30 mins before it was cold. I also found it odd that to have the cooled seats going, the equivalent of a Jet Turbine had to be running to push air to the seat; even with music on it was a distraction.

However, so far the remaining experience has been exceptional beyond that. Knock on wood, no brake sounds, clunks, infotainment, mismatched anything, and the H/K system is good (but it does seem quiet with vocals, bass is solid and yes I played with all the settings). Seats are very comfortable.

I looked at the truck because I needed the room. 3 kids (5, 3, and 1) two black labs, and my wife, myself and my 5 year old (surely the others as well in due time) all play hockey, so space for all the gear was critical. After having a tournament in Breckenridge with all of my goalie gear in the van with us on the return trip, we came to the conclusion that it needs to have its own space for leaving it's aroma...So I saw the design of this truck, loved it and have been observing this site since April.

So first mod, I put my Truxedo X15 cover on and aside from being really easy to install, I like the low profile and matte finish.

On Monday, I'll be dropping the truck off for PPF, Ceramic Tint, and Ceramic Coating since it will be parked outside. I'll write another thread about the products used and add some pictures. I'm excited to see the coating on the silver!

For reference, my configuration was:
Limited 4X4 Billet Silver
5'7" Box
5.7 Hemi
3.21 Gears
Black Interior
Anti-Spin Dif
Body Color Bumper Group
Level 1 Equipment Group
22" Wheels
Pano Roof
Trailer Brake Control

Obviously, early in my journey and I'll share any quirks here as they present themselves. Thanks again to everyone who contributes here! IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0409.JPG IMG_0410.JPG IMG_0413.JPG IMG_0412.JPG

natehawes

Reaction score
Great looking truck...very similar to mine! I too live in the mountains so I'm hoping the truck is as sure footed in the snow as it is now.

After about 1800 miles on mine the only real issue is I have the brake squeal. That started at about 1400 miles. Not worried though as it seems new pads will fix it. Otherwise I LOVE this truck. I traded in a 2013 Chevy Duramax and have not looked back once.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 53

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! Great looking truck. Be sure to keep us updated on your thoughts and experiences with your truck!

drsubie

Reaction score
Great looking truck, I have mine very similarly spec'd, hope to be picking it up later today; traded in my '13 F150 FX4 Supercrew!

Users who are viewing this thread