5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new Limited - Extang Solid Fold and Bed Utility question

Drillerr

Reaction score
Picked up a new Limited with the 6'4" box in Max Steel with Indigo/Frost interior. I'm a former F150 owner and this is my first Ram. Loving it so far.

I was hoping someone could possibly answer a question. I want to add an Extang Solid Fold 2.0 to the bed but I'm wondering if the bed utility rails are going to interfere with the tonneau clasps? Does anyone have any experience with this?

2019 Ram Limited at Sam's.jpg

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How close is the rail to the top of the bed. I know I had the original solid fold on a previous vehicle and the brackets(clips) fit into the rail system and then the hinges fit into the clips. I will be getting the solid fold 2.0 wherever my Rebel gets here.

Drillerr

Reaction score
I sent off an email to Extang and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting the Extang Corporation.

The Cargo rails is far enough down from the side rails of the bed that our covers should have no issues being installed. You will be able to install the clamps under the lip of the bed.

Thank you,

Mike Camron

Extang Customer Service Manager

Extang Corporation – A Truck Hero Company
www.extang.com
5400 S State Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Any update on the Extang solid fold? Lots of folks seem to be going the Bakflip route. I ordered a Limited with RamBox and I’m trying to decide on a cover while I wait for the truck.

geotex1

Reaction score
Any update on the Extang solid fold? Lots of folks seem to be going the Bakflip route. I ordered a Limited with RamBox and I’m trying to decide on a cover while I wait for the truck.

Check out Lomax too. Plenty on here about them. Personally, I would never buy a BAK or other Truck Hero brand after now having a Lomax.

PaGregSS

Reaction score
Interested in seeing how you make out. I didn't get the BUG on my truck, but I will be going with the Solid Fold 2. I've had 2 of them on Silverados/Sierras and they are the best solution for the way I use my truck.

Nevermind, I see from your signature that you went with the Bakflip.

Users who are viewing this thread