5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New 'Big Ho'

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm a boater and there is a similar school of thought in the marine world. However, I always use fuel stabilizer and ethanol-free fuel in my boats. For motor vehicle use, I'm less worried about condensation and more concerned about the E-10 ethanol fuel sitting in the tank.
I understand that.

Really ethanol fuel is stable enough (probably not for a marine environment though). I have a 350 gallon fuel tank at the house. I use it more for backup (like te recent pipeline thing). I probably only get it filled two or three times a year because you have to let it get pretty low for them to deliver. I dump a quart or so of Lucas fuel treatment in it when filled.

The large amount of fuel holds up well. Small amounts like my pressure washer go bad in no time. :mad:

Really, unless it does not move for a year, it should not matter. Heck, drive to the store twice and you need a fill up with the fantastic milage these trucks get! :p

BTW, I always wanted a boat but I **** away money enough on land vehicles. I could not imagine if I had a hole in the water that I was trying to stop up with money!

Ramjack

Reaction score
BTW, on my drive back home from Lake Charles, I came across a guy near Atlanta that had either a Ford Raptor or a 3.5 Ecoboost F150 that he had "poser'd up" to look kind of like Raptor. He had a loud aftermarket exhaust. My question: I have nothing against the Ecoboost engines but what sane person thinks an uncorked turbo-V6 engine sounds anything other than exceedingly annoying?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You know if a vehicle sits it is better to have a full tank. The less air in the tank, the less condensation that can accumulate.
This used to be more of an issue when vehicles had metal tanks. Now that they are made of plastic they don't have the same problem with condensation. Or rust LOL.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes correct.

Laramie & up have the power slider window & reclining rear seats
Laramie seats recline as long as it isn't a Quad Cab. Quad Cab seats do not recline.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 050555 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread