5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New 19 is old

Pulpit

Reaction score
I just picked up my new truck and noticed the build date of 2/18. Mdh on door sticker says 01/31/19 which I translated to Jan 31 at 7pm . It seems like this was built during the first month of production. My new truck is almost 2 years old if I'm reading this right.

No complaints though. Outstanding so far and I have been driving Lexus brand cars for past 10 years. Back issues came up so I needed a higher vehicle. My first Dodge purchase...awesome comfortable truck.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's interesting, how did your truck take so long to get sold? Dealers don't want them on their lots due to floor costs that ads up as the vehicles sit unsold.

airgas1998

Reaction score
^^Yeah usually after 90 days if still on lot...they'll do what is necessary to get it out of there...

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hope you got a good discount.
Have the TSB's been applied? There could be several. Some thread on this forum has a list of them.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up my new truck and noticed the build date of 2/18. Mdh on door sticker says 01/31/19 which I translated to Jan 31 at 7pm . It seems like this was built during the first month of production. My new truck is almost 2 years old if I'm reading this right.

No complaints though. Outstanding so far and I have been driving Lexus brand cars for past 10 years. Back issues came up so I needed a higher vehicle. My first Dodge purchase...awesome comfortable truck.
Did you mean 2/19? The DT went into production around April 2018, I believe.

slik22

Reaction score
I was at my local dealer last month and looked at two Laramies. Both were manufactured in February 2018. To say that's old stock is definitely an understatement.

The deals are the same for them as the ones that were built a few months ago. Buyer beware.

smonska

Reaction score
I bought a similar truck last month, build date of May 2018, was on the lot 14 months. Before I picked it up, I requested that all recalls were performed, and all software modules were updated to the latest version, knowing many had been released since the first trucks were built.

I have a fairly early VIN# too, 513xxx. They started at 500,000, so mine is around the 13 thousandth one ordered.

Interestingly the frame sticker says May 19, 2018, door VIN tag says 05-18, but the Monroney window sticker says 0709 (July 9th), and Dealer invoice says July 2018.

Last edited:

Pulpit

Reaction score
I think the truck sat so long because the dealership is less than 1 mile from the Ford plant and was pretty well loaded. Everyone drives a f150. I did get a great deal at 27% off MSRP. I will have to check on the tsb's.

Users who are viewing this thread