5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first truck with the small motor

afphinfan

Reaction score
So like many of y’all I have had various trucks over the years. I’ve always opted for the bigger powerplant with the exception of the EcoDiesel but I went for torque there.
After getting rid of it I wanted better gas mileage but improved reliability and lower maintenance costs. It proved pretty hard to find what I wanted but grateful I searched and waited. After two weeks I’m happy to report that I’m very pleased with the v6. I will be pulling a trailer in a few weeks while helping a friend move some boxes but I don’t feel there will be any issues.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
That's great! I also usually get a V8 but this V6 is great, I've had mine for 5 months.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

ben b

Reaction score
That's great! I also usually get a V8 but this V6 is great, I've had mine for 5 months.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I ordered V6 also. I will tow only small trailer occasionally. Figured the V6 would be simpler so hoping more reliable. Also physically smaller so may be easier for some owner care without scraping my big knuckles much.

Still I admire the V8 and the diesel for those who have more serious hauling/towing needs. Or who just love the thrill of an American V8.

Users who are viewing this thread