5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Ram Order - passed on the Ford

Reaction score
Been a Ford guy for years but last week I ordered a Longhorn 1500 white - brown two tone / 3.92 / Level 1/ 22 inch wheels /Ramboxes / BUG...
Just could not pass on the absolute beauty / reviews of the 5th gen Ram!! Very excited to join the forum. Never ordered a vehicle before so any advice for a rookie would be appreciated. The wait begins..

BNeal

Reaction score
Congrats, and welcome to the forum. You're going to love your new Ram! I was harcore GM until I saw the 5th gen Ram - the rest is history.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Start saving gas money, the Hemi sounds great when you're stomping on the fun pedal

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome. Always nice to see others come over from the dark side. 👍🏻

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. Today I saw my VIN number pop up !! Ordered 6/2 Vin on 6/8. Is that timeframe standard ? Seems a bit faster than what I have seen on some threads. Is there another place to input my VIN to see progress?
That’s one area I don’t know much about. @Eighty should be able to give you some direction on this if you can’t find what you need in this VIN tracking sticky thread.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s one area I don’t know much about. @Eighty should be able to give you some direction on this if you can’t find what you need in this VIN tracking sticky thread.
Don’t confuse a VIN assignment with having your truck built. You will typically have a VIN within 1-2 days of the order. Having a build sheet is the signifier for production. If you’d like your VIN added to the tracker, enter your info here:

You can also check your status on the Ram site (don’t have that URL at the moment, as I’m on the road)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread