5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Ram 2021 Longhorn

HunniD

Reaction score
First truck (hubby in pic cleaning her up for me) and very excited, I've always wanted a Ram. I ordered 2021 Longhorn in Patriot Blue,
Crew Cab , 4x4, 5'7" box
5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Engine
Pano/roof
Black/New Saddle leather
22 inch wheels
3.21 axle
Bed Utility Grp
Trailer Brake Control
33 Gallon

It arrived in good condition, had a couple of paint chips, looks like flying rocks did it. I specifically told dealer I did not want holes in the front bumper, he says "No, No, they give you a plate bracket no drilling in your chrome", I have holes. Not required for FL so of course I didn't want! AND to top off why I only said good condition... interior under the glove box I guess would be the trim? it's about 3 inches not pushed up under the glove box. Truck had 21 miles on it. I showed the dealer says on the VIN tag 5 miles, he says oh well I took it to get gas and the crew that inspects the vehicles off the delivery truck test it out as well. Two gas stations on both sides of the dealership. The price I paid helped me let go of these negatives....but I made sure no detailing "dealer installed swirl marks on my paint" and no dealer logo tagging on my truck as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210220_150119917_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210220_150119917_HDR.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beautiful truck, congratulations! Once you get past the initial few issues, you're going to love your new Ram. They are amazingly comfortable and a joy to be in, whether one is driver or passenger.
My 2020 Laramie Longhorn turned one year old on March 1st, it has never been back to any dealer for anything since I drove it off the lot. I couldn't be happier with the comfort, quality, styling & utility (I got mine with Ram Boxes, Bed Utility Group, and MFT (multi-function tailgate).

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck. All these trucks come with the license plate holes in the front bumper. You can get paint matched filler plugs from a member of the forum for 20 or 25 bucks.

I am in FL as well. My wife got her Longhorn last May. It is loaded, and we have had no issues.

Chuck19

Reaction score
First truck (hubby in pic cleaning her up for me) and very excited, I've always wanted a Ram. I ordered 2021 Longhorn in Patriot Blue,
Crew Cab , 4x4, 5'7" box
5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Engine
Pano/roof
Black/New Saddle leather
22 inch wheels
3.21 axle
Bed Utility Grp
Trailer Brake Control
33 Gallon

It arrived in good condition, had a couple of paint chips, looks like flying rocks did it. I specifically told dealer I did not want holes in the front bumper, he says "No, No, they give you a plate bracket no drilling in your chrome", I have holes. Not required for FL so of course I didn't want! AND to top off why I only said good condition... interior under the glove box I guess would be the trim? it's about 3 inches not pushed up under the glove box. Truck had 21 miles on it. I showed the dealer says on the VIN tag 5 miles, he says oh well I took it to get gas and the crew that inspects the vehicles off the delivery truck test it out as well. Two gas stations on both sides of the dealership. The price I paid helped me let go of these negatives....but I made sure no detailing "dealer installed swirl marks on my paint" and no dealer logo tagging on my truck as well.
I am in Florida as well. I am curious as to which dealer you purchased from?

KCViper

Reaction score
Welcome and I share your hate for drilled bumpers. Told my dealer no holes and he told me they all came drilled from factory. We went outside and took a couple of plates off trucks and he was 100% correct, they are all drilled at factory!! Oh well, will be my first truck and first car to have a front plate... :)

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Enjoy your truck. My wife "ordered" hers as well, by letting me know what she wanted and when it needed to show up!

WickedRam

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck. All these trucks come with the license plate holes in the front bumper. You can get paint matched filler plugs from a member of the forum for 20 or 25 bucks.

I am in FL as well. My wife got her Longhorn last May. It is loaded, and we have had no issues.
Do you know which member that would be?

Users who are viewing this thread