5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Gens

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
(see attachment)
1985 Dodge Power Ram 250
360 V8 4spd manual 4x4
(see attachment)
1985 Dodge Power Ram 150
318 V8 4spd manual 4x4
Hi DD; Interesting that you would put the plow on the 150 and not the 250 ! You really do have an "Infatuation" with the Power Wagon !
Was it Love at 1st sight ?
1f609.png

263a.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my first purchase was a 1977 Ramcharger named BUB by my mother, Big Ugly Beast. I was hooked, but the reason I went searching for a dodge in the first place was my dad always owned chrysler cars and ford trucks. A bullozer backed over my Dad's Ford (he works in a strip mine) and while he was wrangling out getting it fixed he bought a 1980 2 wheel drive regular cab shortbed with a 360 and watching him giggle like a teenager everytime he drove it, and bragging about making it out the cut while the other guys were reaching for 4wd. I have owned so many others but unfortunately have no pictures of most of them. My favorite one I wish I had not sold was a 79 Plymouth Trailduster. But, fortunately my favorite truck of them all is my V10 I currently have.

The W250 was built for going anywhere and doing work with attitude.

The W150 was so much more relaxing to plow in and was more than capable...you aren't even able to put them on a 1500 anymore...it is a good truck, serves me well.

I sure do miss Regular Cab Longbed work trucks. And i sure do miss that Yellow W250.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
(see attachment)
(see attachment)

Found some pics of my Ramcharger. 1989 318 auto 4x4. The perfect vehicle. Excellent for camping, hauling the family, getting to that off road spot, and I had a extending box that covered the cargo area and when the rear seat folded up it extended out...hauled wood, rocks, gravel, wet dog...Miss this very much. Excellent plow rig...but as you can see the plow point hung low and sometimes had to make a path for itself. no_plow.JPG front_side_view.JPG rear_side_view.JPG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
my first purchase was a 1977 Ramcharger named BUB by my mother, Big Ugly Beast. I was hooked, but the reason I went searching for a dodge in the first place was my dad always owned chrysler cars and ford trucks. A bullozer backed over my Dad's Ford (he works in a strip mine) and while he was wrangling out getting it fixed he bought a 1980 2 wheel drive regular cab shortbed with a 360 and watching him giggle like a teenager everytime he drove it, and bragging about making it out the cut while the other guys were reaching for 4wd. I have owned so many others but unfortunately have no pictures of most of them. My favorite one I wish I had not sold (divorce is wonderful) was a 79 Plymouth Trailduster. But, fortunately my favorite truck of them all is my V10 I currently have.

The W250 was built for going anywhere and doing work with attitude.

The W150 was so much more relaxing to plow in and was more than capable...you aren't even able to put them on a 1500 anymore...it is a good truck, serves me well.

I sure do miss Regular Cab Longbed work trucks. And i sure do miss that Yellow W250.
There are certain coincidences paralleling our lives here, again ! My 1st Dodge was also in 1977 -- it was a B200 Van - school bus yellow; never did care much for the color, but that 5.9 V8 sure could "kick ***" ! I do have one or 2 pics but I'll have to take digital photos of them & download into iPhoto before I can put them here - perhaps later today.

My 2003 SLT 1500 was "just" a 4X2 Hemi-V8, Standard Cab, 6'4" Bed; But Actually the 1st was the 2002 Std. Cab with the Long 8' Bed with the Hemi-V8, my 1st Hemi, oh and it was a 4X4 . The only reason 7 months after buy I traded it in for the 2003 was for the Towing Capacity -- much better with the 4X2 ! Not so much anymore these days they are closer / the 4X4 & 4X2 ! I too am a Big Fan of RVing it and Getting Out Their in Nature -- which is why I opted for the 4X2 for towing my soon to buy 6500 lb. 28 ft. TT by WRV / Alpenlite Aspen model . This was back in 2004 / 05, shortly after Retiring from the Navy . After 2 years of "roaming" in Washington & Oregon I opted to have More Room in my Full time Adventures . . . so I trade up to an Alpenlite 5th wheel ( I can also make that into a digital too, later ) ! I gave up the ability to tow that and it also restricted my ability to go anywhere whenever I chose / Trade offs are a B**ch ! I did that for another 3 years then sold and moved on to the Boring tumultuous Apartment dwellers life ! Never cared for it but 90% of my life has been in one ! You Never get used to the comings & goings of your neighbors - especially the Bad Ones !

Well. to end on an FCA note, IF only FCA-US made a TravelTrailer with a REBEL them ! ! I think we'd both be "in heaven"
263a.png

D

Deleted member103

Well "d.d." (I thought the "DD's" might be inappropriate
263a.png
) -- These 2 shots are for you . . . and of course NOW you all can compare a (at the time) 59 yr. old me to the 26 your' old me via the 3rd camping shot - can you tell which is which
1f606.png
?

(see attachment)(see attachment)(see attachment)

Attachments

• P1000386.JPG
    P1000386.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 74
  • P1000158.JPG
    P1000158.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 75
  • P1000388.JPG
    P1000388.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 76

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
Here is my van. Looks like you had a pretty good camping setup.

I sure hope you can get your new Ram and can continue for many more years.

Attachments

• 2018-02-24 10.07.29.jpg
    2018-02-24 10.07.29.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 60
D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
(see attachment)
Here is my van. Looks like you had a pretty good camping setup.

I sure hope you can get your new Ram and can continue for many more years.
That's what I was thinking I might do with my B200, but "Life" got in the way and I had to sell it less than 2 years later !
What's that I see "growing out of" the vans grill ?
263a.png
"I SURE HOPE . . . " - ME TOO . . . It won't be a question of money as long as I get EverThing taken care of for under 48 G max ! This time around IF they offer a Really Low interest rate, I might just keep my money working for ME and in the long run have more than what the loan would cost me ! Retired E-6's don't retire on a whole-lotta-doe, but over the years I've managed to invest some (mutual funds) !
Always been a penny-pincher and it's worked in my favor more often than not ! As long as the health issues stay put I'll be out there Camping & fly fishing & visa versa
263a.png
. . . starting with trip in late May-ish - probably central Oregon (border to border North to South ) .
ps; edit -- yup that camping set up, with the StowAway2.com swing out hitch rack (new one) I use on the G.C. and have added a 2 burner stove as well as a new/different Raft. Gonna sell the new raft as I have finally gotten back into boating ! Bought back in November a 14 ft. Drift boat ( Michigan's StealthCraft Boats ) and got it on a storage lot still wrapped in shrink ! SOON BABY SOON !

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. That thing growing out of the grille is my 1999 2500 V10 5spd. It can be seen in the second gen thread along with our camper.

I really like the van. Yours and mine lol.

We have a camping trip scheduled for April 13th. First one of the year and we can't wait to go.

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
Cool. That thing growing out of the grille is my 1999 2500 V10 5spd. It can be seen in the second gen thread along with our camper.

I really like the van. Yours and mine lol.

We have a camping trip scheduled for April 13th. First one of the year and we can't wait to go.
Ha, I thought I recognized it from the other post !
Mine, as you can see, had that big single rear door - liked IT because - NO obstruction looking rearward (no vertical line of 2 doors in the middle), but I got tired fast with the color . Only other one on the lot were black or white which even less a fan of for some reason . . . you know "they've" always said, "Nothings black or white or written in stone!" THAT is as True Today as it was in 1977 !

dd, due tell of your forthcoming camp adventure -- where to & for how long would be interesting ! So far haven't had any "complaints" about "our" little bantering off-topic . . . I think others in the "group" might like to share as well ? ? ?
263a.png

1f44d.png

Users who are viewing this thread