5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first day here. (and I have a question : )

carhartt61

Reaction score
Hello People! I wanted to stop by and say Hi from snow globe Minnesota. Can't wait to go home and shovel my driveway today. I've worked in the Civil Engineering world for about 30 years but recently was assigned a new boss. One of his roles is selecting and administering company trucks. Let's just say he's more accountant than I so it looks like I'll be ordering/outfitting company trucks(plain old white 4x4 v8 crew cabs). Here's my dilemma - we need to replace 6 old survey trucks before construction season takes off. If all things were equal would you consider the classic or should I scrap that idea and only be looking at the new gen? I've been doing the build price thing and it looks like some of the classics are about $2500 cheaper. Any guess on how long they might be around? Sorry If I've strayed from the Intro forum intent. Thanks for any thoughts!

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello People! I wanted to stop by and say Hi from snow globe Minnesota. Can't wait to go home and shovel my driveway today. I've worked in the Civil Engineering world for about 30 years but recently was assigned a new boss. One of his roles is selecting and administering company trucks. Let's just say he's more accountant than I so it looks like I'll be ordering/outfitting company trucks(plain old white 4x4 v8 crew cabs). Here's my dilemma - we need to replace 6 old survey trucks before construction season takes off. If all things were equal would you consider the classic or should I scrap that idea and only be looking at the new gen? I've been doing the build price thing and it looks like some of the classics are about $2500 cheaper. Any guess on how long they might be around? Sorry If I've strayed from the Intro forum intent. Thanks for any thoughts!

I would get the new gen overall a better truck from the previous gen.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Tough one. Buying for myself then the new generation no question. Work truck I would get the best deal. To me that means how much does it cost now, AND how much will resale be after you are done with truck. Will the trucks be taken care of or are they trashed while serving as "work trucks". The classics have to be cheaper and should do a great job for you. The new generation is a better truck but mostly in ways of drive-ability and interior changes.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
A few additional bonuses of the new body style are a higher safety rating
And the headlights are way better than my 2014. Safety is always a plus when looking into a new purchase and
I am sure there are a lot more.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reality is not all things are equal.

You are a business looking for the biggest ROI on your tools and equipment. Your job is to purchase the most cost effective transportation available.

If it were money out of your pocket, how would you spend it?

I treat company monies as though it were mine. I look for the best value I can.

You are buying 6 trucks. That should have a lot of clout when dealing for either platform.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread