5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Experience with ValuGuard on a 2021 Limited

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On our daily drivers, we were doing the oil based under spray every 2 years for about $150. This spray would keep a lot of corrosion at bay but, the more you drove, the more of it would come off. I started looking into other treatments and there were three I was considering:
  1. https://linex.com/protective-coatings/undercoating - Which promotes ValuGuard
  2. http://www.valugard.net/index.php/should-you-undercoat-or-rust-proof-your-vehicle-2/ - ValuGuard direct
  3. https://nhoilundercoating.com/rust-prevention-rustproofing-nhou/ - Boss Wax
----
I ended up reaching out to a ValuGuard distributor who also carries Line-X which I believe is a different product than ValueGuard BY Line-X but I could be wrong.

The ValuGuard coating is 'lifetime' which is usually 8-10 years and it requires an inspection by the dealer every 2 years to repair cracks/breaks/failings in the undercoating. They basically to a front to back visual inspection and touch up anything that's gone missing.

Installation was pretty straight forward. They only do this install on NEW vehicles or at least no salt road driving yet. They were very clear that if they see any rust on the bottom of this truck, the warranty won't be valid and they'll insist that they not do the coating at all and I use a petroleum based product.

They received the car at 7:30AM, fully sprayed down the bottom and let the car dry and everything cool off. They had the spray done by about 12PM and told me it needed 24 hours to cure so I picked it up one day later. Price was $800 and the 2 year inspections will be free. I have a warranty cert from ValuGuard and I can go to any dealer but I should keep receipts of inspections. There's no need to do any other maintenance. They said I can choose to do an oil spray in door jambs and engine bay. This is ONLY the underside of the truck so was not sprayed up into the fenders or engine bay so I may pay my normal shop $50 to spray areas not touched by the undercoating as a matter of just extra precaution. Salt goes down the 2nd week of October and usually keeps going down until late-April so corrosion is something I take seriously more than any other ceramic coating or protectant.

This vehicle had 4500 miles on it when the application was done and it's at 6700 now.

The rest of This post is just photos. I've only had the coating for one week so we'll see how it does after a couple of winters.
YcOgZEz.jpg
a0kfofz.jpg
VSDG8Sx.jpg
yqpwwAB.jpg
mR6hFXK.jpg
6KS61Kc.jpg
aBT8xMJ.jpg
XvN9Dkd.jpg
LnvTg5M.jpg
tlIN5qV.jpg
vEAqvRO.jpg
6NQk5ZM.jpg
jW712Rc.jpg
bpq4Zrn.jpg
LqhhBui.jpg
IuyyTeq.jpg
y9bjqVm.jpg
I8yKAel.jpg

A lot of the success of any application added to your car be it some fuel additive, ceramic coating, paint correction, custom seats, etc really comes down to the application by the installer. Millions of dollars in science can go into developing a product but if the installer is having a bad day or has a lazy approach, it all falls apart. I'm sure, you all can go through this and find some mistakes. I appreciate that in advance as I'll go back to them with feedback but for now, I think they did a pretty good job.

Users who are viewing this thread