5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My experience with Theretrofitsource.com

DAWNHAMMER

Reaction score
My service with TRS has been abysmal. I spoke with a representative via chat after placing my order because I was scared that the harness I ordered wasn't the correct one for my truck after doing some research. The representative assured me that I ordered the correct harness and all was well.

Once my order arrived I opened the packaging and find out that they sent me the wrong shroud for my projector and that I'd have to pay the return shipping and a restocking fee to get the correct projector back. So I decided to just use the shroud that they sent me. After spending all weekend finishing the retrofit into my headlights I install them into the truck only to find out that the harness that the representative swore to me was correct wasn't going to work with my truck.

So now I have to pay return shipping, a restocking fee, and be without any headlights at all for the next week because I trusted the expertise of the agent that I spoke with.

Not one person I've talked with through this has ever made any form of an apology or taken any kind of accountability on the companies behalf for all these issues. I truly cannot remember the last time I experienced service as bad as I have here. If you guys are hoping to retrofit your vehicles do yourself a massive favor and stick with Retroshop. I've never once had bad service from him.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh wow I’m really sorry to hear you’ve had that bad of an experience with that company. Trust me I know all too well about the “ it’s correct “ part over the phone. Then like you’ve stated companies want you to pay to correct THEIR mistake.

dsn112

Reaction score
I have had the opposite experience honestly, but that does suck. That being said, jeremy at Retrosource all day. I was doing my LED conversion on a saturday and texted him a few times during for help and he instantly responded. He is the best.

DAWNHAMMER

Reaction score
I have had the opposite experience honestly, but that does suck. That being said, jeremy at Retrosource all day. I was doing my LED conversion on a saturday and texted him a few times during for help and he instantly responded. He is the best.

Really wish I’d have gone that route. I took a chance because I could get all the parts in one place to do my retrofit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neokane

Reaction score
I too had the opposite experience with TRS.
I did a hid conversion in my tundra and had an issue with a faulty ballast. The were polite, courteous, and handled my issues quickly.

Sorry for your poor experience. Hope they make things right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread