5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My experience, so far

alparmer

Reaction score
2019 Rebel 4x4

Love my truck and this is my fourth Ram Truck. However, there is always something that bothers me.

1. NAV finds some addresses but not all, like my home. I have to use Waze through CarPlay.

2. The sensing wipers don’t work properly. They come on but only come on intermittent, and low speed. I could be doing 60 and they won’t change to high speed.

3. Super annoying rattle from undercarriage while starting.it. You can really hear it with the door opened. Dealer says there is nothing wrong. I’m going to have to record it and see if other owners have the same rattle.

4. My front lower bumper, the silver painted part, looks like the paint melted and its discolored. The dealer says, not covered by warranty because some chemical must have done the damage. Heck, it’s been through regular car washes and regular wax. No other painted part has the damage. I think either the paint didn’t cure properly or it’s bad paint. Not sure what I could do. Any ideas how to contact someone with authority. Our other vehicle, a Lexus SUV, would have been taken care of for much less than that and this truck was more expensive. Just don’t get it.

Other than that it has tons of power and great ride. Just need better customer service and Ram would be the bomb.

alparmer

Reaction score
Wiper speed is controlled by amount of rain, not vehicle speed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Well, they need to adjust algorithms because if I’m going at higher speeds the wipers need to go faster and they don’t. I have to manually put it in High to be able to see better.

machz

Reaction score
I also have the rattle, dealer says it's normal. It may be but it shouldn't be.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
Well, they need to adjust algorithms because if I’m going at higher speeds the wipers need to go faster and they don’t. I have to manually put it in High to be able to see better.
it depends on the amount of water sensed, mine, while on 65 and 75 MPH roads in rain, worked great. sometimes it is a little slow, then speeds up, and if needed, at the highest rate avail.

ponypride

Reaction score
Wiper speed is controlled by amount of rain, not vehicle speed.

How do you make sure the auto sensing on the wipers is on? Do you have to be at a certain speed for them to work?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Rebel 4x4

Love my truck and this is my fourth Ram Truck. However, there is always something that bothers me.

1. NAV finds some addresses but not all, like my home. I have to use Waze through CarPlay.

2. The sensing wipers don’t work properly. They come on but only come on intermittent, and low speed. I could be doing 60 and they won’t change to high speed.

3. Super annoying rattle from undercarriage while starting.it. You can really hear it with the door opened. Dealer says there is nothing wrong. I’m going to have to record it and see if other owners have the same rattle.

4. My front lower bumper, the silver painted part, looks like the paint melted and its discolored. The dealer says, not covered by warranty because some chemical must have done the damage. Heck, it’s been through regular car washes and regular wax. No other painted part has the damage. I think either the paint didn’t cure properly or it’s bad paint. Not sure what I could do. Any ideas how to contact someone with authority. Our other vehicle, a Lexus SUV, would have been taken care of for much less than that and this truck was more expensive. Just don’t get it.

Other than that it has tons of power and great ride. Just need better customer service and Ram would be the bomb.

You adjust the sensitivity of the wiper system by turning the wiper dial more clicks.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You adjust the sensitivity of the wiper system by turning the wiper dial more clicks.

The sensitivity of the system can be adjusted with the multifunction lever. Wiper delay position 1 is the least sensitive, and wiper delay position 4 is the most sensitive.

NOTE: Position 3 should be used for normal rain conditions. Positions 1 and 2 can be used if the driver desires less wiper sensitivity. Position 4 can be used if the driver desires more sensitivity. Place the wiper switch in the O (off) position when not using the system.

alparmer

Reaction score
I did that. Maxed on the intermittent setting. I can go 80 mph and they do not go faster than low.

alparmer

Reaction score
So things get better and better. Picked up the truck from dealer and I get a bill for 130 bucks. I thought it was weird for oil change and tire rotation. Paid it, then I couldn’t figure out why it was that much. Come to find out they charged me for the oil change, tire rotation, and three recalls. Took it back and come to find out my first and second oil changes are supposed to be free. Got my money back.

Then when I got home I decided to check the oil life screen and was still at 7%. They didn’t reset it. They also put a decal on the windshield that the next is due at 5k miles more. That is not the case if you read the manual. The oil life is dictated by the screen on the dash.

Then, I noticed that my front and rear tire pressures weren’t right. It appears they swapped front to back and didn’t change the pressures.

My bumper still has droopy paint and the advisor blamed it on wax or some chemical that got on it. WHAT? I used the same soap wash and wax on the entire truck.

Last but not least, it still rattles like hell when you start it.

I had to reset the oil life and now I have to deflate the rear tires and fill the front.

Terrible experience with my first service visit...and nothing I can do.

alparmer

Reaction score
How do you make sure the auto sensing on the wipers is on? Do you have to be at a certain speed for them to work?
The intermittent section of the wiper switch has a range. At the bottom less sensitive and at the top more. You leave it in the intermittent section and the wipers come on automatically. There is a sensor on the upper part of the windshield. The problem is that they do come on but never faster than the low speed. If you want high speed you have to do it manually. I’ve had several cars with auto wipers and they are fully automatic.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did that. Maxed on the intermittent setting. I can go 80 mph and they do not go faster than low.

Keep in mind as a few others have mentioned above the system has nothing to do with speed, it's the amount of rain the system is sensing regardless of how fast you're going.

Wiper delay position 1 is the least sensitive, and wiper delay position 4 is the most sensitive. The Rain Sensing feature will not operate when the wiper switch is in the low or high-speed position. If you're within that 1-4 range and still having an issue you may have something wrong with your sensor.

NOTE: Position 3 should be used for normal rain conditions.

Good luck!

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
The intermittent section of the wiper switch has a range. At the bottom less sensitive and at the top more. You leave it in the intermittent section and the wipers come on automatically. There is a sensor on the upper part of the windshield. The problem is that they do come on but never faster than the low speed. If you want high speed you have to do it manually. I’ve had several cars with auto wipers and they are fully automatic.
That is insane. I don't have it on my current truck, but I had a 2005 300C and a 2012 300S Mopar 12 that both had them and they were both fully auto. That 2005 would occasionally just come on during a hot dry sunny day...just one swipe...

dandar

Reaction score
Auto wipers work perfect on mine. Slow when I need them slow, faster when I need them faster. Just change sensitivity.

ADJS

Reaction score
The sensitivity of the system can be adjusted with the multifunction lever. Wiper delay position 1 is the least sensitive, and wiper delay position 4 is the most sensitive.

NOTE: Position 3 should be used for normal rain conditions. Positions 1 and 2 can be used if the driver desires less wiper sensitivity. Position 4 can be used if the driver desires more sensitivity. Place the wiper switch in the O (off) position when not using the system.
Is that a quote from the manual?

Why would you shut the system off when not using it. What happens if you just leave it on? So when it starts raining, the wipers come on. :)

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Why would you shut the system off when not using it. What happens if you just leave it on? So when it starts raining, the wipers come on. :)

Yes, that's straight from the owner's manual. I interpret it as turn it off when you don't want to use the auto feature.

I agree with you though I leave mine on 1 at all times so it comes on when it rains, hit a puddle or have heavy dew in the morning. Sometimes I increase the sensitivity, but for the most part I leave it on 1 at all times.

alparmer

Reaction score
Auto wipers work perfect on mine. Slow when I need them slow, faster when I need them faster. Just change sensitivity.
Maybe there is something wrong with mine. Here in FL when it rains, it rains. It can be pouring down as hard as it gets and it doesn’t matter if I’m going 30 or 60 or above, it never goes into high speed. I have to manually switch it into high.

alparmer

Reaction score
O
That is insane. I don't have it on my current truck, but I had a 2005 300C and a 2012 300S Mopar 12 that both had them and they were both fully auto. That 2005 would occasionally just come on during a hot dry sunny day...just one swipe...

We’ve had several with that option but never one that will not go into high. I’ve also had them come on, without rain. Just a single swipe though. I’m guessing it’s activated by sound or vibration on the windshield.

TulsaRam

Reaction score

Well. here in Oklahoma, a big bug hits the windshield, the auto wipers come on and smear it all over the windshield. I usually leave mine off until it starts raining.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something definitely wrong with your wipers. Leave mine in position 3 or 4. Always come on when needed and adjust appropriately for rain conditions. Sometimes, I too get the single swipe when no rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/