5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My custom MagSafe charger mount.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
I’m tinkering with some ideas of making my own MagSafe mount for the Ram.

I 3D printed a plate that slips right into the phone holder. I’m then mounting the MagSafe charger onto the plate with a 17mm heavy duty ball adapter. It’s strong and from all the MagSafe chargers I tested this one is the absolute best.

This is just a prototype but will have the final project finished soon. I’m open for any ideas. I’m trying to make it as clean as possible. I’m just not a fan of the ones people mount to the dash. I like it out of the way. I’m also reading bad stuff about the factory wireless charger so I avoided that too.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0719.jpeg
    IMG_0719.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0722.jpeg
    IMG_0722.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 55

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe physically incorporate the mag charger into the abs plastic plate itself self instead of on a separate mounting plate. Hopefully this makes sense.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Maybe physically incorporate the mag charger into the abs plastic plate itself self instead of on a separate mounting plate. Hopefully this makes sense.
That was one of the ideas that I had as well. The only drawback of that is you don’t see the phone screen from simply looking down as well however, the trade-off is a much cleaner look I might make a second one like that to see.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Easy enough to just remove and reattach if you need to look at your phone for something. Should still be visible either way. I have no problem using the stock wireless charger with my phone and still being able to read the screen.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Easy enough to just remove and reattach if you need to look at your phone for something. Should still be visible either way. I have no problem using the stock wireless charger with my phone and still being able to read the screen.
Ok cool. I’ll give that a try and see how it works. You are right, it might look better.

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Well I took the suggestion and ran with it. Flush mounted one and then added a second one. Ended up mounting two MagSafe chargers. Fits clean!

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0742.jpeg
    IMG_0742.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 26

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Here is a better photo of it installed. I’m extremely happy with it thus far. Cheap, looks clean and works great.

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpeg
    IMG_0743.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 12

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here is a better photo of it installed. I’m extremely happy with it thus far. Cheap, looks clean and works great.
Nicely done! Which MagSafe charger did you go with? I currently have a Qi charger in place. Works ok but doesn’t charge very fast. Thinking about upgrading to MagSafe. Here’s my setup

1717307125255.jpeg

RAMMER80

Reaction score
Nicely done! Which MagSafe charger did you go with? I currently have a Qi charger in place. Works ok but doesn’t charge very fast. Thinking about upgrading to MagSafe. Here’s my setup

View attachment 184178

The link to the charger is above. I bought a 40W plug that goes into the AC port below. I ran the wires directly behind the plate so they can’t be seen.

I don’t think any of them charge too fast. After 30
Minutes I get about 15-20%

Users who are viewing this thread