5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My all weather mat recall - PICS

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed elsewhere but I took some pics of mine today to share with anyone interested.

I actually took my truck in for the noise heard when turning to the left (FYI, it's the treads of the Wranglers, catching on the front left wheel well liner and the liner was replaced), and they mentioned the recall and that they would address it. I knew about it, but didn't want it done, but it's fine now, "problem" solved. You will notice in the pics below that the original mats were NOT for a RAM Rebel. Why? Because the POS dealer I purchased the truck from, told me that the new RAM's came with no floor coverings, lol Yes, that's correct: no floor mats. I put up a stink and they gave me carpet mats. It was approaching winter, so the next day I bought a set of the rubber liners from this same dealership, "at cost." Not knowing what I don't know, I had no idea the Rebel mats had the red RAM logo, until you brilliant folks filled me in! Thank you!

Get this: I no longer visit that dealership where the truck was purchased, and when this recall happened, my new dealer (fantastic BTW) told me the bad news: because my truck originally was supposed to come with the red logo mats, that FCA will only send that same replacement mat for me, because the swap is VIN specific!!! WTF?!?! I wasn't happy but it wasn't their problem, nor were they the cause. So, I contacted the first dealership, and long story short, they ordered me a whole new set of mats, the CORRECT red logo Rebel mats. Now I need to get my original purchase refunded as I should not have paid for something that was supposed to come with the truck.....

Oh, and yes, they did grind the mat down and cut right through, LOL Yup....

Attachments

• 20201223_100049.jpg
    20201223_100049.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20201223_100107.jpg
    20201223_100107.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 20201223_100112.jpg
    20201223_100112.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 124

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The mat on the left looks like the correct mat unless your Rebel has the red interior, then you would want the red Ram logo. I have black interior on my Rebel and my mat looks like the one on the left. I have been to the dealer a couple of times for them to look at things and they have not yet tried to mess with my mats. But yes, get the refund on something you should have had at the start!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The mat on the left looks like the correct mat unless your Rebel has the red interior, then you would want the red Ram logo. I have black interior on my Rebel and my mat looks like the one on the left. I have been to the dealer a couple of times for them to look at things and they have not yet tried to mess with my mats. But yes, get the refund on something you should have had at the start!
But of course I could maybe have the wrong mats. LOL!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny you posted this today because I was going to make the same post. I brought my truck in today for its oil change and tire rotation and they asked me about doing the recall. I told them I wanted to see the new floor mat first.

The new mats are identical to the old ones in every way except for the ribs. The guy brought it out and we put it side by side on the ground and there's no difference between them. Even the thickness feels the same. I even put the new one in the truck and put my foot there to see if it would feel different at the gas pedal. No difference unless you sit your foot flat under the gas pedal. There you'll notice more smooth area. Beyond that, I essentially got a brand new mat for nothing, since I've been driving on this one for 2 years.

So anyone who is on the fence, if they have the new mats in go ahead, they are totally identical (assuming you have the black all weather ones, which is what I have).

1999&2020 RAM

Reaction score
They keep sending recall notices but I think mine are the new style. Does this look like the new ones?

Attachments

• 20201215_203114.jpg
    20201215_203114.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 55

Sherran

Reaction score
They keep sending recall notices but I think mine are the new style. Does this look like the new ones?
The easiest way to tell is by looking at OPs first picture with the two side by side. The square on the top where the brake pedal goes. Yours has a bigger "gap" where the ridges start.

So to answer your question, it appears you have the new style.

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
The easiest way to tell is by looking at OPs first picture with the two side by side. The square on the top where the brake pedal goes. Yours has a bigger "gap" where the ridges start.

So to answer your question, it appears you have the new style.
I would agree, those are the new style mats

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told that the recall does not apply to my truck, which is odd cause I have the style that was recalled.

Attachments

• D01EBF77-675D-49E4-81EB-9903C32BE628.jpeg
    D01EBF77-675D-49E4-81EB-9903C32BE628.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online