5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2021 Ram Is at the dealer .

Mhons

Reaction score
So , the other night I went to check on my truck, it had been raining super hard. I went to use the fob no good, I went for the backup and no good. I used the key to get in and all alarms started going off. I disconnected the positive on the battery and physically locked the doors. The next morning I re attached the positive and something, alarms and fobs are a no go. Well under warranty so It's been towed to Dealer who promptly told they would let me know something in 2-3 days. I've seen other posts like mine and supposedly has something to do with the seam around the rear window. I called my dealer to inform him of this knowledge. I hope this helps them because I needy truck for work. I was told NO rental until we know it's a warranty issue. Anybody else hear of this I would appreciate a hit back. Thanks Mhons.

Jmac509

Reaction score
If it's the rear window leak join the class action lawsuit thread

Mhons

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I haven't heard back from the dealer. One thing is it fixable being there is a lawsuit put there.?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Definitely the RF hub. Exactly the same thing that happened to our 2020 Limited in February. Neither fob worked, unlocked the door and alarm sounded. Nothing in the truck worked. The only way to turn the alarm off was by disconnecting the battery. I found water on the rear window frame, just below cracks in the upper section of the frame. The water damaged the RF hub. It was in the shop for three and a half months waiting for the part. Hopefully your wait is shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread