5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2020 Ram Limited going to the dealer tomorrow for several issues

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Ram has several issues that are on the whole truck, this is my 4th Dodge truck over the years since 1987. My truck here is a year and half old with 17000 miles, my tires are worn out,, my drivers side auto step works when it wants, my steering wheel wood insert is turning orange, both front wheels are corroding, ramboxes uneven and the big one, leather dash is coming up. View attachment 103931
Good luck with the tires, I rotated mine every 3500 miles in my lemon pos 19 Laramie. They wore funny on all the edges, ram say they don’t cover tires, that’s the tire manufacturer. I had to go to independent tire shop, who agreed the tires were wearing funny, however told me the tires were not the issue, that there was definitely something wrong with the truck. That’s when I hit them with lemon law after 7 attempts to fix in under 8000 miles! Then they tried saying bad driving habits, not true at all. I’m a average driver for sure. Then I’m told this is normal in these new ram trucks because of the weight of the truck and soft rubber! Maybe, but if that’s true Maybe you should stop putting crap tires on a new $60,000 truck 🤷🏻‍♂️

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I rotated the tires at 10000 miles. I live in Key West, but my last truck with 20 in aluminum rims lasted 16 years.
Your issues aren't nothing abnormal. The quality of cars manufactured these days are garbage compared to 10-15 yrs ago. I am a tech for Mercedes Benz and live in miami. The heat causes alot of issues with cars. We replace S class Mercedes dashboards all the time for the leather separating. Headliners start to separate due to the heat. Mercedes C class owners are lucky to get 10k miles on a set of tires. You are probably going to be SOL with the tires but most everything else should be covered.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I have 9k miles on my tires and was told they are wearing funny by pep boys when I asked about a full size spare. Said they were feathering on the edges and I keep them properly inflated and don't fly around corners. Crap tires here, too but I also read somewhere in this forum that it's the truck design.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 9k miles on my tires and was told they are wearing funny by pep boys when I asked about a full size spare. Said they were feathering on the edges and I keep them properly inflated and don't fly around corners. Crap tires here, too but I also read somewhere in this forum that it's the truck design.
Either way it’s crap!

wvinson

Reaction score
My OEM Goodyears on my '19 Limited wore perfectly even -- they barely made it to 20K. My last Ram, a '17 Sport, lasted through the end of the lease at 33k miles. Probably just soft rubber to absorb the 22" rims from being too harsh.

navyhemi

Reaction score
I new the tires wouldn't be covered, I bought some nittos already, my front end was out of alignment but the tires were feathering at 3000 miles, It was in the middle of this covid crap and I didn't want to be around anyone. I also did the oil change myself, used the cut up waterbottle trick so oil didn't go everywhere, and my strap wrench of course. I was contacted by the dealer and told them that at the time but I bought the truck 150 miles away. I did get the truck back Friday, they took pictures of the issues and have to get Rams permission to order parts, but I do like my new tires.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did get the truck back Friday, they took pictures of the issues and have to get Rams permission to order parts, but I do like my new tires.
That seems like a stupid policy/pocedure. The dealer I work at, we usually make our own decisions in house when it comes to warranty and what not. Our shop foreman will usually sign off on it, if he says no, then it will go to the service manager and service director who then will either say yes or no or contact the dealer rep. Or we can open a case with the manufacture and let them make the call. Then again, Dodge may have different procedures for warranty. As a customer, who wants to drop off their car for the dealer to take pics and then have to again come back later? Deal with the issue while the car is there.

Last edited:

Levi Morgan

Reaction score
My 2019 has 31m miles and the Bridgestones look to have another 10m in them. My only issue is the radio loses its presets and the ignition button broke.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im at @ 45,000 miles on my 19' longhorn 5.7 hemi. To date i have had an engine misfire on cylinder 3, both my exhaust manifolds cracked, and a cracked cylinder head. I was without my truck for 6 weeks while it waited for parts at the dealership. Both dealership and FCA were useless and could Care less. Horrible customer service with zero S***s given.

Users who are viewing this thread