5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2020 Big Horn Tow Mirror swap out

RedXRam57

Reaction score
I am loving my 2020 Ram Big Horn. I have owned it a year and put about 7,000 miles on it. It came with the Tow Package, but I quickly came to hate the big tow mirrors, which I really do not need. Recently I decided to change to the regular size mirrors and I found a pair of Granite Metallic with Heat, Puddle Light, Power Adjust, Camera, Turn Signal, and Power Fold. Today I made the change and so far I know that my power adjust works. I just ordered the new front door switch that has the power fold button on it so I will have to wait to test that. I somehow doubt that all the functions of the smaller mirrors will be plug and play.

Anyway - for those of you wanting a little more info on parts.........
Tow Mirrors coming off the truck: Left - 68462963AA; Right - 68462962AA - these mirrors are equipped with Heat, Power Adjust, Puddle Light, Turn Signal, Camera, Manual Fold. Only the Heat, Power Adjust, Puddle Light, and Turn Signal were in operation as delivered

Used Granite Metallic Smaller Mirrors I installed today: Left - 5ZK43LAUAE (now 6YJ59TZZAB); Right - 5ZK42LAUAE (no change in P/N)

Door Modules installed/delivered with truck: Left - 68424183AC; Right - 68424182AB

If anyone with experience is reading this do you know if these door modules enable all the functions of the smaller used mirrors that I just installed? Will I need a reflash? AlphOBD & SGM bypass? Thanks- you guys are great!

UPDATE: I found out that the Puddle Light is also working in this mirror swap. So far the puddle light, power adjust, turn signal, turn signal lights on key fob unlock all work just from the swap with no OBD changes or door module changes.

Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
You'll have to program the BCM and get the correct door modules to have the Power-Fold feature working... other than programming, nothing is intrusive... plug&play...

RedXRam57

Reaction score
You'll have to program the BCM and get the correct door modules to have the Power-Fold feature working... other than programming, nothing is intrusive... plug&play...
Well, I am sorry to say that it appears you are right. With the new switch installed I cannot operate the power fold feature. But I am very satisfied with all the features working and the smaller mirror gives me much better visibility. Thanks for your reply!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I am sorry to say that it appears you are right. With the new switch installed I cannot operate the power fold feature. But I am very satisfied with all the features working and the smaller mirror gives me much better visibility. Thanks for your reply!
If you're by any chance in the Phoenix metro area in AZ, I'd love to help you with the programming. I have all the tools you need.

Users who are viewing this thread