5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2019 RAM 1500 and why you SHOULD buy a RAM.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The exhaust manifold crack should fall under the emissions warranty. I don't recall if that's 100k miles, or not.

Like others have said, there's issues with every brand. The question is how are you willing to deal with it. I had a 2006 Silverado that had the driveline clunk upon slowing and accelerating. I t was a known issue that the slip yoke needed to be replaced with a nickel plated one to remove that clunk. I bought the 2006 in 2005 knowing that if I experienced that issue, get it fixed. I also had the issue with the steering shaft clunk. GM suggested a grease kit, but eventually came out with a sealed unit so grease didn't leak out. I got it fixed under warranty.

With this truck, I knew there were issues with potential leaks around the rear window. I now have a trickle down the window when it rains. I need to get this addressed. I also had the clunk going over bumps. I took it in and had the end links tightened. Every issue is being addressed Slowly, but they are being addressed. I took it to one dealer 2x for something simple and they said "no problem found". I took it to another dealer and they fixed the issue. That same dealer tried fixing the rear window leak and failed. I will take it to another dealer now and have them address it.

It's not the truck. It's the dealer

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like alot of people, it's the dealer not the truck.

The dealer should have paid the deductible(ate the deductible). The extended warranty is a separate deal than factory warranty. I don't think stellantis even owns the warranty company. The factory extended warranty isn't what it was 5 years ago. I would use an aftermarket warranty before Mopars extended warranty.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Friends, I was contacted by Stellantis Corporate about this. It appears they are doing the right thing, so I have updated my initial post to reflect this.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll throw a little context to this from the HD side RE; RAM and why you SHOULD buy.

Stellantis/RAM/Cummins worked together and issued a recall for (est.) 222,410 Cummins equipped 2019-2020 HD trucks to replace the CP4.2 with a redesigned CP3.3 kit (also used 21+). Ford is still using the CP4.2 and ignoring their issues. GM dumped the CP4.2 and went Denso. Both Ford and GM are fielding countless lawsuits and class action suits.

It was a long time coming and took a lot of pressure from the community, but they stepped up (with a little extra pressure from NHTSA classifying it as a safety issue) and did the right thing.

There are still some hurdles (parts availability) but everyone will eventually get their pump (or reimbursement for DIY CP3 installs). Mine was completed June 8 (work started on 6.7 day!) and is doing great. They also fixed an oil leak and have completed everything I've ever asked for, including the big 11+ hour A/C TSB, save one annoying belt/idler squeak still to be resolved.

I will say that with most dealers, you have to go in educated and be prepared to make your case if needed for some necessary TSB work, and even in the case of a recall, as many dealers just don't know or follow process well.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it worked out. If dealers and the manufacturers just stepped up in the first place I would never have lemon lawed any of my cars. I know they can fix it. All I want is a comparable rental and/or loaner and piece of mind. Somehow buying me a whole new car and paying for the rentals and legal costs saves them money instead of a "free" extended warranty on what they "fixed".

Users who are viewing this thread