5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 1st Ram...

The8Black6Spot

Reaction score
Not only is this my 1st Ram but it’s my 1st new vehicle ever. I usually buy used but after seeing the 2019 Ram I was hooked. I grew up a Chevy fan and have owned 3 Silverado’s. I switched over and bought a used Titan 3 years ago and I enjoyed it. It doesn’t compare to this Ram though. I am thrilled with my truck and the interior is beautiful. I ended up with a Big Horn because it checked off a lot of boxes for me and my budget. I hope this truck will last me a long time but as of now I’m very happy and proud to be a Ram owner. Will post pictures later.

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
Congrats. I too am a Chevy guy (hence the screenname) and owned a number of Chevrolet trucks. Recently I sold a 2003 Suburban 2500 with the 8.1L in it. I loved the power, comfort, and size for towing, but it was starting to nickel and dime me. This is the first new truck I have bought as well. One test drive and look at the Ram and I was sold.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Recently I sold a 2003 Suburban 2500 with the 8.1L in it. I loved the power, comfort, and size for towing, but it was starting to nickel and dime me.
Off topic, but I used to own a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with the 8.1L/Allison combo, dual chambered exhaust and a 45-gallon Transfer Flow fuel tank. That's one I wish I had back...

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
Off topic, but I used to own a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with the 8.1L/Allison combo, dual chambered exhaust and a 45-gallon Transfer Flow fuel tank. That's one I wish I had back...

I loved my Suburban. If it wasn't starting to show signs of rust then I probably would have kept it. I looked for another one but couldn't find anything with decent mileage that they didn't want way too much for.

I was excited to have something that got better MPG than the Suburban but so far the Ram is only beating it by 3 MPG. I averaged between 10.5-11 with the Suburban and I've been getting around 14 with the Ram. Hopefully it gets better as it breaks in though.

Users who are viewing this thread