5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 1st Mod-

reidcc

Reaction score
I spent most of Saturday installing Westin wheel2wheel Pro Traxx 5 nerfs. The last time I installed a set was end of December on my Colorado, and they were easy compared to these things.

The complexity of adding the wheel2wheel length and its 4th bracket was nuts. The ID'ing of parts was ridiculous this time, and the documentation was flat out horrible. I had to find a youtube video to show how the back bracket and bracket adapters mount.

After all was said and done- they look great, and so much easier to get into the cab now.

Next up- tonneau cover!
Nerf_bars.jpg Nerf_bars_Side.jpg

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I spent most of Saturday installing Westin wheel2wheel Pro Traxx 5 nerfs. The last time I installed a set was end of December on my Colorado, and they were easy compared to these things.

The complexity of adding the wheel2wheel length and its 4th bracket was nuts. The ID'ing of parts was ridiculous this time, and the documentation was flat out horrible. I had to find a youtube video to show how the back bracket and bracket adapters mount.

After all was said and done- they look great, and so much easier to get into the cab now.

Next up- tonneau cover!
View attachment 71486 View attachment 71487
Looks good!

vincentw56

Reaction score
I had a time doing it with their HDX steps. That 4th bracket was hard.

Last edited:

reidcc

Reaction score
I was going to get the black steps, as I ultimately want the black Night wheels...I'm not a big fan of the Chrome one at all.
I have a chance to get built to serve rims only for 500, I may grab them for a set of AT tires for winter.

Chris
Those steps complement the wheels. Nice choice.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the same w2w, but all black

That 4th bracket was tough but didn’t have issues with documentations or identifying stuff

Just time consuming all around.

reidcc

Reaction score
The picture they had showing was horribble the rear bracket assembly, and the L Shaped bracket adapter showed only hardware, and not where or how it actually attached, and the sorry excuse for showing mounted was too pixelated. It wasn't until I watched a youtube vid that I was able to see it. When I went to put bracket A on, the first part of instructions said where to mount it. However- it did not fit there as the lower studs were offset to one side from the top stud.

Granted- having 1/2" extensions for my gun to use on the bed bolt would have made thing MUCH quicker than a 3/8 inch rachet:).

Installed the same w2w, but all black

That 4th bracket was tough but didn’t have issues with documentations or identifying stuff

Just time consuming all around.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The picture they had showing was horribble the rear bracket assembly, and the L Shaped bracket adapter showed only hardware, and not where or how it actually attached, and the sorry excuse for showing mounted was too pixelated. It wasn't until I watched a youtube vid that I was able to see it. When I went to put bracket A on, the first part of instructions said where to mount it. However- it did not fit there as the lower studs were offset to one side from the top stud.

Granted- having 1/2" extensions for my gun to use on the bed bolt would have made thing MUCH quicker than a 3/8 inch rachet:).

I did t have a gun to use

All by hand. Those 4th ones were hard to turn

BoudinBall

Reaction score
Well done. That was my first mod as well. I went with the black Tyger running boards as I felt they matched my night edition the best.

reidcc

Reaction score
I was really torn whether to go with the black versions or the stainless, as I heard that generically the black one do not last as long before rusting. I really wanted to go with the blacks as well, because I want to find the Black Night Rims too. I guess in the end longevity won out - even if it does look a bit too blingy for me.

The black Tygers looked great as well, not sure if they were cab length only, or also wheel2wheel.

Chris

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have the stainless HDX wheel to wheel.
1cb33f9d211b59318addf7c02f0c808a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread