5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 12” screen w/ Alpine System w/ Kicker speakers

JasonB

Reaction score
It was an awesome choice to upgrade the speakers.

I disabled ANC with the ANC delete harness from lljcustoms.com

Upgraded all 9 speakers to Kicker KSCs
5-3.5s
4-6x9s

8EABA289-2F75-4EC9-8365-3D6E553676AE.jpeg

Checked the stock speakers polarity with speaker pop app. Only my front left dash had the correct polarity.

I didn’t want to depin the adapters so I cut and rewired the ends on the 8 speakers that were out of polarity. I checked each one to verify they were still out of polarity with unmodified adapter before modifing.

FEF60FFA-88EA-40AF-BE93-AD7F20764733.jpeg

ReChecked the polarity after reworking the adapters.

Doors were not too bad, decided to hang them instead of pulling the cable off the door handle.

10FB9C0A-18EC-4069-B33B-DE9C11C6E293.jpeg

3.5 speakers all went in no problems

The holes on the 6x9s only two of the four matched up with stock speaker mounts in the doors. I drilled a small hole in the door where the new speaker mount locations would be and reused the bolts for the rears only. If i had to do it over again i would have just used the two and let it be. It was in there very secured and even with just two.

The fronts I only used two for four bolts

Here are some pics for comparison between the speakers.

98ACC0FD-1743-4C70-BA6F-46AA7D5FAFF6.jpeg DEC0D392-684B-4B19-BD14-F877D47B6A70.jpeg 3B5011E3-444C-4971-A740-C70B683ADBE6.jpeg

Now to the best part...
Audio quality is amazing to me, night and day difference, i have never upgraded a car stereo before but the difference is dramatic.

The wife and i agree the clarity and detail in the music has increased a lot and the bass is clearer and hits deeper and harder.

I did not notice any vol loss by going from stock 2ohm speakers to 4ohm. If anything it seemed louder, probably because increased clarity and detail.

Ive turned up my radio pretty loudly 24-25 and did not notice any distortion or loss of quality.

It was a relatively inexpensive upgrade and worth every penny.

If you like a good sounding system this a winner imo.

Last edited:

JasonB

Reaction score
Doors were ok, scratched two small panels you need to remove to get to the bolts take off the doors... 5$ each to replace :)

Users who are viewing this thread