5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MX4 + Bedrug for 2019 2500 (or 1500)

redgst

Reaction score
Does anyone have the MX4 + Bedrug installed on their 2500 (or 1500)?

Im trying to determine if installation is something that I can tackle myself for both of these together.

Local dealership wants ~400 extra for the purchase & installation of both...
(they are also suggesting that I go with the Line-X version of the MX4... any thoughts on this?)

Trying to determine if that's worth it...
I've gone through the videos online - and they seem pretty straightforward...
However, as I've experienced in the past - what seems easy is usually not.

Any feedback appreciated.
TIA.

stepbill

Reaction score
I installed an Undercover Armorflex cover and it is very similar to the MX4. Very easy install, I did it buy myself and I would call myself average with tools. Don't expect your bed to stay dry. Mine leaks up near the cab on both sides and the water just runs down the first channel close to the sides. I am getting rid of my cover and going with an ARE camper shell because of this. Not real sure about the bedrug but I do know that folks on here have installed it themselves.

Ranger482

Reaction score
I have had 2 MX4s, including the one on my current truck.
Installation is very straightforward, easy for 1 person to manage. Mine was on in probably 30 minutes.
As far as leaking, I maybe get a few drops near the tailgate if it is a heavy rain, but not enough to be worried about. I could probably put some additional weatherstripping in, but honestly it is plenty dry for me. I have the factory spray in bedliner.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have the MX4 + Bedrug installed on their 2500 (or 1500)?

Im trying to determine if installation is something that I can tackle myself for both of these together.

Local dealership wants ~400 extra for the purchase & installation of both...
(they are also suggesting that I go with the Line-X version of the MX4... any thoughts on this?)

Trying to determine if that's worth it...
I've gone through the videos online - and they seem pretty straightforward...
However, as I've experienced in the past - what seems easy is usually not.

Any feedback appreciated.
TIA.
installed mine two days ago its not that hard just patience and time

Users who are viewing this thread