5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

must have upgrades / accessories

Natune

Reaction score
Just purchased my first ram 1500. Besides tints, runnings board, spray bed liners, any other must have add ons I should consider?

Ram 1500 nightshade crew level 2 v6 12 inch screen

jit11375

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. I would consider a ceramic coating, I think DIY is a good option if you’re patient and meticulous. Front bug deflector adds a nice touch on some trucks as well. I did a screen protector for the inside screen, protective film on the door sills as well as the door handle cups. Let’s see some pictures!

CatServant

Reaction score
You mentioned running boards, but I’d recommend power running boards, either Mopar or AMP Research. I also always add floor liners.

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
Full window tint, including front windshield and sun roof, ceramic and author better for windshields. Gatorback mud flaps, bigger than husky, ram or Weathertech, helps minimize rash from roadway gravel, sand and salt, husky bed mat, I put on the Retraxpro XR tonneau with RightOn brackets because I have the multifunction tailgate. Window deflectors,

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
PPF/tint and some type of tonneau cover. Other mods can happen overtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve racked up probably 50 or so different modifications on my truck and here’s my detailed list of “must haves” lol take it for what it’s worth. I apologize for writing so much, but I like being thorough.

1) Add ceramic or crystalline windshield tint to the list if you haven’t already, it’s worth it!

2) Dashcam. Protect yourself and protect your truck. It’s something that hopefully you never “need” but if something happens you’ll be happy you had it.

3) If you’re keeping your truck stock height or leveled you prob don’t need power steps, but if you plan on lifting it higher I 100% recommend amp power steps. I thought it was stupid to spend so much on steps, but now that I have them, they’re worth every dang penny. Probably my favorite mod on the whole truck!

4) If you’re planning on adding auxiliary lights or accessories, spend $135 and get an Auxpower 8 gang switch panel on Amazon. Super easy install and whenever you add any accessories or lights it makes wiring them up a breeze. It’s easier to start out with it than it is to install stuff and then down the line decide you need it and have to rewire everything - trust me, I had to rewire 8 harnesses (36 lights on my truck) lol.

5) I personally think a bed cover is a must have, but I guess it depends on what you haul in your bed.

6) Banks Pedal Monster throttle controller. I don’t know if this a *must have* but it certainly makes driving the truck a heck of a lot more enjoyable. I had a Pedal Commander that put my truck into limp mode twice so I got rid of it. Bought the Pedal Monster instead and so far it’s worked flawlessly.

7) Hellwig rear sway bar. In my opinion it’s the best thing you can do to improve the handling of your truck. I seriously can’t say enough good things about it. It’s an adjustable sway bar that can be set to stiffer than stock and it takes away a ton of body roll and genuinely makes the truck feel more planted and more confident in turns. Worth every penny.

8) Last one is DDI Seat Jackers for the drivers seat. Basically billet aluminum spacers that raise the front of your seat to get a more comfortable seating position. They’re like $80 which sounds crazy & most people would think they’re not worth it - but trust me, it’s a night and day difference in how comfortable the drivers seat is with the ability to raise the front and give your legs more support. I have a bad back and it’s another mod that I would buy for every truck I ever own.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 1ED86877-EB62-4B97-AA8D-13EFD4384172.jpeg
    1ED86877-EB62-4B97-AA8D-13EFD4384172.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 367
  • EBDD471A-304C-461A-8220-BA885A7F53D1.jpeg
    EBDD471A-304C-461A-8220-BA885A7F53D1.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 0A95E02B-AD48-43FB-846F-004AAF5E09AA.jpeg
    0A95E02B-AD48-43FB-846F-004AAF5E09AA.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 326
  • 35306031-456A-4800-9D99-7FCF14BD362D.jpeg
    35306031-456A-4800-9D99-7FCF14BD362D.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 3F67A4E5-10E9-44B6-BF2C-57E8A8CE9DA9.jpeg
    3F67A4E5-10E9-44B6-BF2C-57E8A8CE9DA9.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 313
  • 129EA4C7-BE8C-4FDE-8513-F3B0E235311F.jpeg
    129EA4C7-BE8C-4FDE-8513-F3B0E235311F.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 337

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure where you are at in your modifications but here is some info that members have contributed on their decisions.

Many find a need for additional lighting in reverse, many options.

Tonneau cover info

Running boards

In case you do your own oil changes

dlakeman

Reaction score
I’ve racked up probably 50 or so different modifications on my truck and here’s my detailed list of “must haves” lol take it for what it’s worth. I apologize for writing so much, but I like being thorough.

1) Add ceramic or crystalline windshield tint to the list if you haven’t already, it’s worth it!

2) Dashcam. Protect yourself and protect your truck. It’s something that hopefully you never “need” but if something happens you’ll be happy you had it.

3) If you’re keeping your truck stock height or leveled you prob don’t need power steps, but if you plan on lifting it higher I 100% recommend amp power steps. I thought it was stupid to spend so much on steps, but now that I have them, they’re worth every dang penny. Probably my favorite mod on the whole truck!

4) If you’re planning on adding auxiliary lights or accessories, spend $135 and get an Auxpower 8 gang switch panel on Amazon. Super easy install and whenever you add any accessories or lights it makes wiring them up a breeze. It’s easier to start out with it than it is to install stuff and then down the line decide you need it and have to rewire everything - trust me, I had to rewire 8 harnesses (36 lights on my truck) lol.

5) I personally think a bed cover is a must have, but I guess it depends on what you haul in your bed.

6) Banks Pedal Monster throttle controller. I don’t know if this a *must have* but it certainly makes driving the truck a heck of a lot more enjoyable. I had a Pedal Commander that put my truck into limp mode twice so I got rid of it. Bought the Pedal Monster instead and so far it’s worked flawlessly.

7) Hellwig rear sway bar. In my opinion it’s the best thing you can do to improve the handling of your truck. I seriously can’t say enough good things about it. It’s an adjustable sway bar that can be set to stiffer than stock and it takes away a ton of body roll and genuinely makes the truck feel more planted and more confident in turns. Worth every penny.

8) Last one is DDI Seat Jackers for the drivers seat. Basically billet aluminum spacers that raise the front of your seat to get a more comfortable seating position. They’re like $80 which sounds crazy & most people would think they’re not worth it - but trust me, it’s a night and day difference in how comfortable the drivers seat is with the ability to raise the front and give your legs more support. I have a bad back and it’s another mod that I would buy for every truck I ever own.

Hope this helps!
For #4, where did you route the wiring harness through the firewall? You can email me at [email protected].

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For #4, where did you route the wiring harness through the firewall? You can email me at
It’s not a good idea to post your email address on a public forum. Thousands of scammers and bots scan it for personal information. I suggest using private messages via the forum to share information.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Hope this helps!
U said aux power is this the one u have? Or auxbeam?

Auxpower 8 Gang Switch Panel LED Universal 12V Auxillary Switch Panel for Truck, Offroad Light Multi Switch for Car SUV UTV Caravan, Automatic Dimmable (8 Gang Switch Panel Blue 1 Side) https://a.co/d/5rpVJfS

caschill

Reaction score

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info on the DDI Seatjackers! Just ordered them and can't wait to have that increased leg support. My lower back thanks you too.

JRD

Reaction score

Hope this helps!
I just died inside seeing you have a 20% method wheels in your sig. is that new? I never noticed it and just got wheels in Nov

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Auxpower 8 Gang Switch Panel LED Universal 12V Auxillary Switch Panel for Truck, Offroad Light Multi Switch for Car SUV UTV Caravan, Automatic Dimmable (8 Gang Switch Panel Blue 1 Side) https://a.co/d/5rpVJfS
they are all the same thing from china (possibly from the same factory too) just different logo and boxes attached.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well small items like ceramic tints have been covered already.
if you do any form of off pavement extended period of driving or dispersed camping, this is essentially the Bible of everything you will need to do it correctly on the exterior wise with top of the line products. Part numbers are attached for your convenience.

I'm still working on the interior and electrical part so bear with me.
2024-01-08_00-36-34_000.jpeg

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I just died inside seeing you have a 20% method wheels in your sig. is that new? I never noticed it and just got wheels in Nov
Haha dang! It’s been there since around Nov 20th

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Auxpower 8 Gang Switch Panel LED Universal 12V Auxillary Switch Panel for Truck, Offroad Light Multi Switch for Car SUV UTV Caravan, Automatic Dimmable (8 Gang Switch Panel Blue 1 Side) Amazon.com
Boogielander’s correct, they’re all the same Chinese stuff so I go with whatever is cheaper! Haha. But on that link there are a few different options. I chose the one in the red box that’s listed as RGB because that one has the different modes like strobe or momentary. There’s a new one for like 180 that has the modes and has a Bluetooth app to control them from outside the vehicle. And then there’s another new one that says “2sides + backlight” for $150. I just installed that one on a buddy’s truck the other day and that’s the one I would recommend! Hooking up your wires to it is easier than the other models.
I also am manufacturing these center console inserts that are designed for those switch panels and a cupholder that’s the same size as a typical can (soda, energy drink, etc.) so it doesn’t bounce around, and a pocket to hold your keys or wallet or phone. They’re made to order and will eventually be on my website but for now we could process the order through Instagram DMs if you’re interested :) they’re $65 with free shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpeg
    IMG_1690.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1687.jpeg
    IMG_1687.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1686.jpeg
    IMG_1686.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 135

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Boogielander’s correct, they’re all the same Chinese stuff so I go with whatever is cheaper! Haha. But on that link there are a few different options. I chose the one in the red box that’s listed as RGB because that one has the different modes like strobe or momentary. There’s a new one for like 180 that has the modes and has a Bluetooth app to control them from outside the vehicle. And then there’s another new one that says “2sides + backlight” for $150. I just installed that one on a buddy’s truck the other day and that’s the one I would recommend! Hooking up your wires to it is easier than the other models.
I also am manufacturing these center console inserts that are designed for those switch panels and a cupholder that’s the same size as a typical can (soda, energy drink, etc.) so it doesn’t bounce around, and a pocket to hold your keys or wallet or phone. They’re made to order and will eventually be on my website but for now we could process the order through Instagram DMs if you’re interested :) they’re $65 with free shipping.
Oh and they’re designed so that there’s no drilling to route the wires, and you can still access the coin holders. Just make sure to buy the extra little extension harness for the switch panel because it might not reach without it depending on where you mount the box under the hood.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks sweet do you have a link for the one you recommended?

I think the limited slide out tray is different mine has 2 hideaway or covered spaces. But don’t quote me on this I’m curious if that will work in a limited center console

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
That looks sweet do you have a link for the one you recommended?

I think the limited slide out tray is different mine has 2 hideaway or covered spaces. But don’t quote me on this I’m curious if that will work in a limited center console
It’s the same link you posted but click the one that says “2sides + backlights”!
And ahhh you’re right. I didn’t even correlate your username haha yeah limiteds unfortunately can’t fit that insert. I could probably still make an insert for there if it’s something you were interested in though

Users who are viewing this thread