5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music starts automatically...can I turn off?

TAK

Reaction score
When blue tooth is the last thing used on the media screen(meaning using the iPhone for music or audible books) every time I get into the truck it starts playing as soon as I hit the start button ...the only way to stop it is to pause or change to a different source. Is there any way to not have this go on automatically until I want it on?

TravisH

Reaction score
When blue tooth is the last thing used on the media screen(meaning using the iPhone for music or audible books) every time I get into the truck it starts playing as soon as I hit the start button ...the only way to stop it is to pause or change to a different source. Is there any way to not have this go on automatically until I want it on?

There is a setting for auto play in the menu somewhere. I can’t remember what it’s under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you find that setting, and it actually works, I may pay you for that info!! But I'm skeptical. Also, for me it plays the the most recent music source I was using (Apple Music, Pandora, etc) and is not dependent on having bluetooth being the setting when it was shut off. In my previous research it seemed clear that this was an Apple issue. Happened in my Jeep too....HATE IT.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe It’s in your owners manual.

I had to turn it off too when I got my truck

TravisH

Reaction score
If you find that setting, and it actually works, I may pay you for that info!! But I'm skeptical. Also, for me it plays the the most recent music source I was using (Apple Music, Pandora, etc) and is not dependent on having bluetooth being the setting when it was shut off. In my previous research it seemed clear that this was an Apple issue. Happened in my Jeep too....HATE IT.

It’s under audio settings and it the last option. It’s called “Auto Play”.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If its bluetooth and you use android, use musicolet as your music player and you can configure the advanced settings to not autoplay on connect to bluetooth and a lot of of other nifty features.

1635424675479.png

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only time my iPhone decides to auto play is after I get an update and U2 magically appears back in Apple Music. I really hate starting the truck and getting a U2 surprise. U2 can suck it, and so can Apple for doing that to me.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well you can pester the hell out of apple support and they will eventually remove it ( the U2 album ) for you. It was stupid of them to remove the tool that you could do it yourself. One of the many reasons I ditched apple. Android is going the same way.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can manually remove it each time straight from my phone, but that’s not the point. It’s still the same annoyance as androids bloatware like not being able to fully remove the NFL or ESPN app (Depending on carrier)

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
let not going down the path Apple vs Android subject, just use whatever O.S. fit you, me personally using Note 10 + but currently own couple iPad, Android tablet, Macbook Pro and Windows laptop...etc, my point is i buy whatever that serve the purpose not because they're Apple or Android.

Sttomin

Reaction score
I tried this...and no go. It must be the Apple thing...ugh! Same thing on my wife's Avalon.
It is not an apple thing... my galaxy keeps automating randomly, even somehow turns my ram radio back on.. I don't want my phone music playing constantly...

And the setting to turn auto play off on the truck is a joke... doesn't effect anything

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is a phone setting, nothing to do with the truck.
Need to disable resume play in whatever app you are using, in my case I use Power amp and the options are clearly there (I want it on, it's the whole point of having a radio and music on your phone).

Users who are viewing this thread