5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music spacing out randomly

Texas415

Reaction score
Twice in the past month randomly when I start up my truck any sort of music playing, XM, FM radio, Bluetooth, etc will space out. Music will play for about 10 seconds then randomly cut in and out. While I’ve experienced this my back up camera also just goes to a blue dark screen and no back up image. Can’t figure out how to soft reset this system without changing any of my settings. Has anyone else had this issue? I’ve notice if I turn off my truck and let it sit 30mins plus it will go back to working again. There has to be some soft reset capability yet I can’t seem to find any working suggestions online.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Which screen do you have? Seems like the 12” has more software gremlins. I haven’t heard this exact problem but you might need the dealer to reflash your Uconnect.

chithead

Reaction score
Just had this happen today. Didn't happen until I put it in reverse, then blue screen, and the audio starting cutting out every few seconds. Tried turning the truck off and back on, but the audio still cut out. Waited until I got down the road and stopped. Turned the truck off, got out to open and shut the tailgate, then hopped back in. No cutting out this time. I didn't check the backup camera though to see if it was still a blue screen.

Users who are viewing this thread