5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple warnings on start up, this might be your issue

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I've never had any issues with earnings coming when starting the truck. Yesterday I stopped far gas. Up on starting truck after filling tank, all warnings lights came in, service trailer brake warning, park assist disabled warning, and/brake light, and the red security alarm light. Basically same symptoms I've seen others post who had BCM issues. What I noticed though, when I got in the truck, my keyfob hanging from my hip hit the seat belt latch and locked the doors right as I hit start button. I immediately turned the truck off, unlocked the doors, with fob, and restarted the truck with no issues. For some reason, hitting the rock button on fob while starting truck frsked it out. Not sure if it was the Tazer security update or what. But if anyone else runs into this, make sure you didn't accidentally lock the doors, with the fob, when you got in the truck.

barrak

Reaction score
So I've never had any issues with earnings coming when starting the truck. Yesterday I stopped far gas. Up on starting truck after filling tank, all warnings lights came in, service trailer brake warning, park assist disabled warning, and/brake light, and the red security alarm light. Basically same symptoms I've seen others post who had BCM issues. What I noticed though, when I got in the truck, my keyfob hanging from my hip hit the seat belt latch and locked the doors right as I hit start button. I immediately turned the truck off, unlocked the doors, with fob, and restarted the truck with no issues. For some reason, hitting the rock button on fob while starting truck frsked it out. Not sure if it was the Tazer security update or what. But if anyone else runs into this, make sure you didn't accidentally lock the doors, with the fob, when you got in the truck.
Sounds like the Tazer PIN Lock being over-vigilant. It happened to me a few times. Each incident, however, resulted in engine light remaining on until a couple of drive cycles later. Once, it required a Tazer Reboot sequence to turn it off.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Tazer and thought the same. A couple of times everything went haywire out of the blue. I restarted the truck a couple times and it just went away.

barrak

Reaction score
Sounds like a great product!
We learned to love it, warts and all.

Seriously, I value the peace of mind its anti-theft feature gives me. Same goes for the catalytic shield I just installed.

Users who are viewing this thread