5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple warning lights while driving , No bus error, and then no start. Then suddenly, back to normal.

Patamaran

Reaction score
My wife was driving my 2021 1500 bighorn, and all of a sudden, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Auto park disabled, parkassist disabled crosspath disabled… etc and most notably, No bus. She pulled over and turned off the truck. Then tried to start it again and nothing. The truck wouldn’t respond at all to the push start. Eventually after sitting for a while, the truck started. Now it seems to be operating normally.

Any idea what the heck went on? I spend a lot of time in the bush with the truck and really don’t want to get stranded

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your battery is dying or you have a loose ground. Or there's water in the harness by the driver A pillar.

Get battery 100 amp load tested, not just voltage. Check the grounds by the hood prop. Take them off and make sure they aren't painted over, from the factory, they will be. Follow ground to where it goes to block and make sure that bolt is tight. There's a TSB/recall for a loose ground.

water in A pillar is from window tinting usually and can "brick" the truck until it dries out or until the contacts are cleaned. Does all kinds of weird stuff.

Start with battery and grounds first. These trucks eat batteries due to poor programming of the IBS system.

Users who are viewing this thread