5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple issues with my 2019 Ram 1500

jharrell4

Reaction score
I have 73k miles on my Ram 1500 with Hemi and within the past two months have had the following happen, Stopped accepting fuel thus had it in the dealer and they replaced the fuel tank. They also advised that I had leaking manifold thus have ordered a manifold seal kit. After retreiving the truck back, after two days my check engine light came on. Took it back and they said it was a vape code (likely something related to installing the tank) and was safe to drive until the manifold parts came in. This had been dragging on for a few months and parts still on back order with no idea when they would come in. Today, I started hearing a loud noise in the engine (sounds like a lifter issue). I let it sit a bit, checked the oil level to be sure that was not the problem, started it back up and the noise was there. After a few minutes I had a warning message pop up related to the start/ stop feature unavailable with the yellow A symbol showing.! Called the dealer and will not be able to get the truck in for eval for another 4 days. I drive 50 miles each way to work and wondering if it's safe to drive (and what the $$%%^$ is going on!!)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 73k miles on my Ram 1500 with Hemi and within the past two months have had the following happen, Stopped accepting fuel thus had it in the dealer and they replaced the fuel tank. They also advised that I had leaking manifold thus have ordered a manifold seal kit. After retreiving the truck back, after two days my check engine light came on. Took it back and they said it was a vape code (likely something related to installing the tank) and was safe to drive until the manifold parts came in. This had been dragging on for a few months and parts still on back order with no idea when they would come in. Today, I started hearing a loud noise in the engine (sounds like a lifter issue). I let it sit a bit, checked the oil level to be sure that was not the problem, started it back up and the noise was there. After a few minutes I had a warning message pop up related to the start/ stop feature unavailable with the yellow A symbol showing.! Called the dealer and will not be able to get the truck in for eval for another 4 days. I drive 50 miles each way to work and wondering if it's safe to drive (and what the $$%%^$ is going on!!)
Would not drive it. Another member just had catastrophic engine failure on her truck after the start/stop unavailable message came on

Curlymurt

Reaction score
My start/stop would become unavailable if my seatbelt connections are loose under the seat. I have a problem connection that occurs every 1-3 months so I have to fiddle with the connection under the seat to make sure it's making good contact. I've also had manifold bolts break (and it doesn't just happen on Ram). Some of your symptoms are known to be related and some aren't. I wouldn't say your truck is going up leave you stranded. You have a first model year of a redesign. If there's any vehicles to avoid, it's that; no matter the manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread