5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple factors to consider with 6" lift (or 4")

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
We have endlessly discussed the two different spring setups from Ram and the additional 1" height you get from the Rebel/ORG spring setup. I've have my 6" BDS lift (spacer lift not coilovers) on my truck for almost 2 years and I also had a 2021 with a 6" Fabtech lift. It seems like the longer I have it the higher it looks. It's actually too high for 35's and I'm staying away from 37's. After all my research and calculations I've determined I am about 7 7/8" front and 5" rear above a stock NON off road group truck.

The lift itself is 6" front/4" rear. But the spacer is stacked on top of my ORG spring/coil so that's another inch, plus the damn dealer installed a preload shim that BDS sends with the kit. It's meant to use if you are running a winch, heavy bumper etc. BDS says on a Rebel/ORG truck with the spacer it will sit about 1/2" high in the front and if it is not installed the truck will sit with 3/8" of rake. So that spacer makes a difference of 7/8". I had to add a 1" spacer to the rear because mine was nose high and I didn't like that (I didn't know about the preload spacer).

So all told my truck is 7-7/8" front and 5" rear above a stock NON off road group truck. I'm about to swap the front coil/strut and do away with the front preload spacer and the rear 1" spacer. That should bring me to a real true 6/4. Took me a while to come to this conclusion lord have mercy. Pics for attention

bltk.PNG
Lcamina.PNG

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good! I had a 6" on my 4th Gen w/ 35's and eventually went 37's which look much better. That's why I'm staying with the BDS 3" w/ Fox 2.5 to restrict me from doing 37"s. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread