5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Concerns, dealer can’t replicate any.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I dropped my 2023 Laramie 4x4 with only 4500 miles on at the dealer this morning for multiple concerns. Of course they can’t replicate any of it. Have any of you experience any of the below issues and if so, did you find the cause?

1. I’m feeling a “clunk” in my steering wheel and pedals when going over small bumps or speed humps at low speed.

2. When idling or at a red light, I can feel a rumble/shake in my driver seat and floor board. It comes and goes. With auto stop/start off so everything is running as normal. The feeling goes away if I let the auto stop kick in.

3. Occasionally when I let off the accelerator, the transmission sounds and feels as if it’s slamming. The truck will jerk forward.

4. Foul odor comes out of AC when truck is first started and seems to go away once truck is warmed up.

Dealer says they can’t replicate anything and everything they checked is operating as designed.

Any thoughts on any of these things? Am I just going crazy? Which is definitely possible lol

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
Can’t comment on most of that, but if you get a smell like feet from your AC, you should have the cabin air filter changed. i run re-circ most of the time ’cause we lived in NM where dirt is everywhere (including most roads) and once the filter gets dirty, humidity really sets up a funk.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t comment on most of that, but if you get a smell like feet from your AC, you should have the cabin air filter changed. i run re-circ most of the time ’cause we lived in NM where dirt is everywhere (including most roads) and once the filter gets dirty, humidity really sets up a funk.
The dealer did recommend I run the recirculating on mine, which I typically don’t. I’ll see if that makes any difference with the odor issue.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as the intermittent vibrations go, it may or may not be your sound system. When I first got my 5th Gen, coming from a 4th Gen tradesman, I felt weird vibrations (or so I thought). Turns out it depends what song or music I’m listening too. And the level it’s at as well as the bass setting. Just putting it out there.

I’ve stopped chasing the “tranny jerk” ghost and learned to drive without it happening. Although it sometimes still does it once in a blue moon.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as the intermittent vibrations go, it may or may not be your sound system. When I first got my 5th Gen, coming from a 4th Gen tradesman, I felt weird vibrations (or so I thought). Turns out it depends what song or music I’m listening too. And the level it’s at as well as the bass setting. Just putting it out there.

I’ve stopped chasing the “tranny jerk” ghost and learned to drive without it happening. Although it sometimes still does it once in a blue moon.
I thought it could be my radio too, but I turned it completely off and the feeling is still there while idling.

Users who are viewing this thread