5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multifunctional tailgate

Pickering Ram

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, newbie here.
Just bought 19’ Limited, Ivory Tri coat, sunroof, 22’s....
Questions. Does anyone know if the multi functional tailgates are interchangeable?
I haven’t seen one yet but assume there is some sort of latch or hinge that would make it specific to the box.
Does anyone have any pictures?

LouCap

Reaction score
Do you want to add the MFT?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Questions. Does anyone know if the multi functional tailgates are interchangeable?
I haven’t seen one yet but assume there is some sort of latch or hinge that would make it specific to the box.
From what I understand, you have to replace the entire bed if you want the MFT, at least at this point in time. I wish that were an option when I ordered my Longhorn.

jcarcueva

Reaction score
Yes you would need to replace the entire bed. The MFTs are supported by a beefy U shaped steel member that is welded to the truck bed

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Pickering Ram

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, tearing down the current box to accomidate the required structure is a show stopper for me.

Thanks again for the replies

Users who are viewing this thread