5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi taligate

blpat

Reaction score
How durable is the multi tailgate? What is the load capacity? Would the regular tailgate be more durable? Thanks

themust

Reaction score
I have the MFT and absolutely love it and will never have another truck without it. Its like a fifth door and makes the day to day usability of the bed (for me) much easier. I do not use it for heavy loads, however, and I primarily use it as a daily driver. The doors feel somewhat flimsy, but when folded down feel as robust as that in my '19 Laramie without MFT. The ugly line that splits the back awkwardly is just the tradeoff for increased usability. Tip: Unless its changed, you won't be able to put a hard tri-fold type cover on it (it comes standard with a ****ty canvas cover) without also changing the corner support brackets that are necessary for structural support of the bed itself. Right On Brackets sells the super easy set that will allow you to simply install any other regular hard tonneau, if that's something you eventually want.

EP328

Reaction score
I have a 2024 1500 with MFT. BakFlip MK4 fits. The rails are modified so no issue with the corner brackets.

PetePA

Reaction score
I might be one of only a few, but I strongly prefer the RAM letters instead of the ram emblem on the 2025s. If it weren't for that, I'd certainly get the MFT.

themust

Reaction score
I might be one of only a few, but I strongly prefer the RAM letters instead of the ram emblem on the 2025s. If it weren't for that, I'd certainly get the MFT.
The RAM letters look cool, for sure, but the tradeoff was worth it for me (since the '21 Limited wouldn't have had the cool RAM logo on the back anyway. And yes, I've heard there are some hard Tonneaus that will fit, but they tend to be expensive and I was "repurposing" the one from my '19 Laramie without the MFT.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
How durable is the multi tailgate? What is the load capacity? Would the regular tailgate be more durable? Thanks
To answer your question, the MFT is rated to hold 2000 lbs when in the traditional open position according to the Ram website.

Users who are viewing this thread