5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-Function Tailgate

Rambler

Reaction score
I just purchased 2019 Limited with Multi-Function Tailgate. Looking to install Bak-Flip cover but corner brace design not engineered yet. Are there any other options?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
The tonneau works on this particular truck because of the RAM boxes. With the RAM boxes, you don't have the MFT braces at the front of the bed, because either the boxes provide the lateral stiffness, or they are hidden inside the boxes. My truck has the MFT (no RAM boxes), and the only way to get the MOPAR hard trifold to fit was by removing the braces because it has two rails that sit on top and are blocked by the MFT braces. Currently, I'm using a GATOR hybrid folding cover because it truly does sit on top of the bed with no rails and the front clamps are far enough back to work with the MFT braces.

gator-hybrid-cover-jpg.33286

LouCap

Reaction score
I just purchased 2019 Limited with Multi-Function Tailgate. Looking to install Bak-Flip cover but corner brace design not engineered yet. Are there any other options?

See my earlier post about the Gator Hybrid.

Rambler

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I didn’t indicate mine doesn’t have the Rambox option.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can’t believe there has been no commercials or adds for this yet. I think they should at least respond to gm’s attacks on their adds.

Users who are viewing this thread