5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-function Tailgate question

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
So I will say upfront this may or may not be a stupid question but I gotta ask it. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.
Go easy on me!! Lol

I am looking to buy a Ram in the near future and I am interested in the Muti-function Tailgate and its usefulness or not. So my question is this.........when you have the tailgate down like a traditional tailgate, can two 200lb plus guys sit on this new tailgate? It would seem to give some at the split and cause misalignment over time. Thanks for the responses!!

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
So I will say upfront this may or may not be a stupid question but I gotta ask it. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already.
Go easy on me!! Lol

I am looking to buy a Ram in the near future and I am interested in the Muti-function Tailgate and its usefulness or not. So my question is this.........when you have the tailgate down like a traditional tailgate, can two 200lb plus guys sit on this new tailgate? It would seem to give some at the split and cause misalignment over time. Thanks for the responses!!

Haven't received my truck yet to test it in the real world, but FCA says the MFT in the down/open position will support up to 2,000 lbs. So supposedly you are in the clear.

airgas1998

Reaction score
fca "says" 2k...i personally wouldn't test it at that weight, but the mft is well designed other than the corner braces afterthought...

Users who are viewing this thread