5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi function rear auxiliary lights.

chadc

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 21 ram. The aftermarket rear bumper has auxiliary leds, they are currently controlled with a switch in the cab. I would also like them controlled with the factory reverse lights.
I was going to pick up the signal from the reverse lights and add it to pin 85 on the auxiliary light relay(along with the manual switch signal). My concern is if I turn the leds on manually voltage would back feed through the vehicles wiring. Is this a valid concern or not?
I've searched the forums and haven't found anything answering the question.
Thanks,
Chad

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 21 ram. The aftermarket rear bumper has auxiliary leds, they are currently controlled with a switch in the cab. I would also like them controlled with the factory reverse lights.
I was going to pick up the signal from the reverse lights and add it to pin 85 on the auxiliary light relay(along with the manual switch signal). My concern is if I turn the leds on manually voltage would back feed through the vehicles wiring. Is this a valid concern or not?
I've searched the forums and haven't found anything answering the question.
Thanks,
Chad
see post 364

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread