5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I am thinking about the Borla Pro XS muffler swap but leaving the resonators on. Do you think the resonators made that big of a difference?

The resonators make a huge difference in sound quality. Or at least they did on the Borla Atak Crate Muffler in the videos above. It also reduced/eliminated the drone when the truck goes to 4CYL.

Sp13

Reaction score
I spoke with a local place today, who quoted me around $200 for a muffler swap and to remove the 2 rear resonators. This price doesn't include the muffler itself. Seems a bit high to me after reading what others on the forum were paying for muffler swaps, but maybe it's justified due to the resonator delete? What do you guys think?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I spoke with a local place today, who quoted me around $200 for a muffler swap and to remove the 2 rear resonators. This price doesn't include the muffler itself. Seems a bit high to me after reading what others on the forum were paying for muffler swaps, but maybe it's justified due to the resonator delete? What do you guys think?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Shop I went to here in Katy said the same $200 for the whole swap. I paid them $90 for the muffler and then bought the delete pipes. The shop said it was a pain to get the tailpipes to line up after removing the resonators. I figured with the delete pipes I's have the option to easily weld back the resonators if I wanted. I think it's a fair price...could probably get better, but if they are reputable and produce good work I would think that's your place.

Sp13

Reaction score
Thanks. Sounds like my quote is where it should be.

canative

Reaction score
I had the Flowmaster Super 10 installed, removed the resonators, and had black tips installed. Sounds bad ***! I'll try and get a video soon.

kipeharris

Reaction score
The resonators made all the difference- I will upload a video for you

That would be great! I am trying to figure out the best way to keep the noise in the cab minimal , but still be able to hear it when I put my foot in it.

Thank You!

Last edited:

kipeharris

Reaction score
Borla Pro XS & leaving the resonators and sealing the weep holes?.... Thoughts?

Last edited:

canative

Reaction score
For those that are confused, we only have one muffler on our trucks. The two catalytic converters are way up front, the muffler is just in front of the rear axle and the two resonators are out back just before the tail pipe tips.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no "front" resonator, that is the muffler, resonators are in the rear.
Not the best pictures but I found them from a while ago. This is what I’m talking about.

Attachments

• 336036EC-4BA9-4DD1-960A-B86259E94829.png
    336036EC-4BA9-4DD1-960A-B86259E94829.png
    500.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 39DF46FC-3D3F-4C90-9A40-29E011B38AB1.png
    39DF46FC-3D3F-4C90-9A40-29E011B38AB1.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 47

kipeharris

Reaction score
I recently installed the Borla Pro 40353 with a resonator delete. Here are a couple of videos. I am sorry for the video quality, they were taken from my cell phone.

Daily driving in town

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/