5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler

kittyjo

Reaction score
Don’t know what to do muffler and resonator delete.... or flowmaster outlaw muffler, borla atak muffler?? Want louder deeper sound or loud lol

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s a lot options And peeps that have installed. Search around here and you tube get a idea

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flowmaster has 2 options that are bolt on or can find one to weld in place

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Outlaw would probably be your choice. Resonators delete by themselves wound do much to anything

kittyjo

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking is the outlaw one. Plus I’m getting tires and rims down the road... 20x9 fuel beast and open country ko2 33inch for 1800$

Detroitfan612

Reaction score
Save you money and get carven if you want loud I had the outlaw muffler replacement on my 16 now on my 19 went with carven cat back way louder when you want it to be but normal driving about the same drone is not as bad with the carven either

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Flowmaster American Thunder 817843 are back in stock. I have this full system installed and they sound amazing. Nice low bass growl.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found this through search, chose to bump an older thread instead of starting a new one.

My Flowmaster 817843 American Thunder kit just delivered today. I chose to go with FM again since I have the American Thunder on my 16 Charger and am very pleased. (Absolutely the best sound you can get from a Pentastar V6!) I passed on MF since I had fit issues and a crooked tip on my 08 Charger, and they apparently haven’t got their act together all these years later. The Borla seems more aggressive than what I’m looking for.

Hope to get installed this weekend, but most likely next weekend. I have a great setup to get sound clips!

nicktisingh

Reaction score
how do you like the exhaust?
I have a borla pro xs muffler replacement with resonator delete- it drones decent and makes pretty good cabin noise when driving- hows yours compare to this?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I'd say if you want loud with minimal to no drone go with the Borla crate muffler and resonator delete. A bit pricier than muffler delete, but I love the sound myself.

With resonators

Resonators removed

Mountain Eden

Reaction score
I got the Flowmaster Super 10 with resonator delete. Trust me, it is 100% worth it. I paid $300 for all of it done. That's tax, parts and labor. It's better than paying 1k+ just for the cat back from Borla.

Swayze

Reaction score
I got the Flowmaster Super 10 with resonator delete. Trust me, it is 100% worth it. I paid $300 for all of it done. That's tax, parts and labor. It's better than paying 1k+ just for the cat back from Borla.

Your video says it’s both resonators deleted, you mean front and rear resonator or both rear resonators ?

kipeharris

Reaction score
how do you like the exhaust?
I have a borla pro xs muffler replacement with resonator delete- it drones decent and makes pretty good cabin noise when driving- hows yours compare to this?
I am thinking about the Borla Pro XS muffler swap but leaving the resonators on. Do you think the resonators made that big of a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread