5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler upgrade: MBRP or Total Flow?

Anchorman16

Reaction score
I am considering upgrading my muffler to get a deeper mellower sound out of my Hemi. I have been looking at the MBRP XP High Flow muffler and the Total Flow 14" long 5" rnd muffler (720419 or 722419), anyone have either of these mufflers? And when replacing the muffler how is the ground strap reattached? I have watched many videos of how to replace the muffler but have not seen how the ground strap is re-attached.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The MBRP has a great sound, IMO about the cheapest and effective exhaust upgrade there is. Do yo have a picture of the ground strap that is concerning you?

Jgbimle

Reaction score
I went with the MBRP and like it. I had an MBRP catback on my 4th gen that I loved so stuck with them for the 5th gen. I just did the muffler swap on this one, similar tone to my 4th gen but not as aggressive as the full catback but that’s what I was going for. The ground strap just clips back onto the hanger of the new muffler same as it was clipped onto the factory hanger.

Anchorman16

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, i appreciate the info.
The MBRP has a great sound, IMO about the cheapest and effective exhaust upgrade there is. Do yo have a picture of the ground strap that is concerning you?
I have been leaning toward the MBRP especially since Total Flow just dramatically raised there prices. Do you know how long and wide the muffler portion is on the MBRP XP? I have asked different vendors that carry the muffler and no one seems to know. I found out that the ground strap just clips onto the muffler hanger that goes into the rubber support.

PeteyK49

Reaction score
I have the total flow. It was $100-$130. It sounds great. I sealed up the weep holes on my resonators. It’s deep on start up and mellows out. It has a decent rumble at cruising speed and sounds throaty wide open

PeteyK49

Reaction score
I have the total flow. It was $100-$130. It sounds great. I sealed up the weep holes on my resonators. It’s deep on start up and mellows out. It has a decent rumble at cruising speed and sounds throaty wide open

Attachments

• 9BCE0F90-3D3D-4CBA-88EE-FB855880BECF.jpeg
    9BCE0F90-3D3D-4CBA-88EE-FB855880BECF.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 18

Anchorman16

Reaction score
Do you know what model you Total Flow you put on? Looks like one of the smaller mufflers (4" long) in the photo.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, i appreciate the info.

I have been leaning toward the MBRP especially since Total Flow just dramatically raised there prices. Do you know how long and wide the muffler portion is on the MBRP XP? I have asked different vendors that carry the muffler and no one seems to know. I found out that the ground strap just clips onto the muffler hanger that goes into the rubber support.
I don't know the dimensions offhand. I do know the front bolts up to factory pipe, while the back you just cut the pipe 2" after the muffler and slide the MBRP on

Anchorman16

Reaction score
Thanks, did not think to enlarge the photo. That maybe too aggressive sounding for me.

Anchorman16

Reaction score
I don't know the dimensions offhand. I do know the front bolts up to factory pipe, while the back you just cut the pipe 2" after the muffler and slide the MBRP on
Thanks. I've seen on another post thread it is referred to as 14" long, but again i cannot get that confirmed thru anyone that sells the muffler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online