5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler size

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Have a 22 Rebel, looking to buy a Magnaflow muffler. What is the inlet/outlet specs on these trucks????

Thanks !!

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I had a magnaflow #14239 welded in. Installer said the in/out didn’t line up perfect but worked just fine.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Also just was looking into B2 Fabrication set up, seems pretty decent

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Many on here have it and are happy. I probably would have ordered it myself but being in Canada it would have been expensive to get here. In the end I have pretty much the same thing for less than $175cnd installed.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's 3" in and out, though I've heard 3" in and 2.5" out as well. But any good muffler shop will be able to make the adjustment.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Do resonator deletes cause any inspection issues?? Vehicles have to be inspected every year in NY

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Welp..just ordered the Round B2 Fab muffler, going to get that installed and see how I like it. So pumped

Bob.

Reaction score
Welp..just ordered the Round B2 Fab muffler, going to get that installed and see how I like it. So pumped
Your going to like the B2 exhaust. I have the oval muffler and I left the resonators on. I have a video of myself riding around and while you wait for it you may want to take a listen if you like. I did order the 5" tips for my truck it may or may not make a difference in the sound but it makes it look better on the rear end. I also ordered a 3" SS clamp with permatex pipe seal and discarded the B2 clamp as it looked like the kit clamp was a little larger and I was afraid it would not tighten up all the way. You may not need the clamp or sealant but I figure I will slide under it once and be done. I still have the original muffler put away on the shelf in my garage. That original muffler is taking up space as I will never use it. Truck is quiet at cruising speed but has a non stock like rumble off the line. Very nice muffler and I'm happy with it. The MDS is slightly more noticeable but either ignore it, turn your radio louder or flip the + - on the transmission selector to turn off the MDS. It don't bother me yet. I figure I'm saving gas at that moment...

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Thanks Bob
Your going to like the B2 exhaust. I have the oval muffler and I left the resonators on. I have a video of myself riding around and while you wait for it you may want to take a listen if you like. I did order the 5" tips for my truck it may or may not make a difference in the sound but it makes it look better on the rear end. I also ordered a 3" SS clamp with permatex pipe seal and discarded the B2 clamp as it looked like the kit clamp was a little larger and I was afraid it would not tighten up all the way. You may not need the clamp or sealant but I figure I will slide under it once and be done. I still have the original muffler put away on the shelf in my garage. That original muffler is taking up space as I will never use it. Truck is quiet at cruising speed but has a non stock like rumble off the line. Very nice muffler and I'm happy with it. The MDS is slightly more noticeable but either ignore it, turn your radio louder or flip the + - on the transmission selector to turn off the MDS. It don't bother me yet. I figure I'm saving gas at that moment...

Thanks bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online