5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muffler delete

jermball623

Reaction score
Well since I've given the Ram to the wife she has been wanting it louder. So I ordered a delete for her birthday. After I cut the rear of the muffler I decided to take out the rear resonator and cut the almost 90 off of that to do a small dump at the end of the delete pipe. Boy was she happy, likes the sound better than her old 6.2 chevy with long tubes and a small straight through muffler. Sounds pretty mean and neither of us minded the sound on the highway. Just my viewpoint if anyone was thinking of doing it.

Skater

Reaction score
Your wife wants a louder Ram! You are a very lucky man and she "sounds" like a really great lady there buddy. Not sure my wife would ever want her Jeep louder. I'm sure my wife would kill me not once, but twice, if I tried to make her Jeep louder.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Well since I've given the Ram to the wife she has been wanting it louder. So I ordered a delete for her birthday. After I cut the rear of the muffler I decided to take out the rear resonator and cut the almost 90 off of that to do a small dump at the end of the delete pipe. Boy was she happy, likes the sound better than her old 6.2 chevy with long tubes and a small straight through muffler. Sounds pretty mean and neither of us minded the sound on the highway. Just my viewpoint if anyone was thinking of doing it.

If you can, would you get a sound clip or two? Where I live I don't have to smog the truck so I've been entertaining different ideas and a muffler delete is one of them :)

jermball623

Reaction score
I'll try and get the one she took today. Video Doesn't do it justice though.

Users who are viewing this thread