5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud

flynfish

Reaction score
Those look like the all season tires. Not the AT.

They are AT

a738656da4fd138cef644c9e9f738086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IIRC there's a significant difference between the Wildpeak A/T's that come with the ORG trucks and the Wildpeak's you'd get as a replacement/upgrade. Probably the cause of some confusion, and apparently some disappointment when those tires are put to the test.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
IIRC there's a significant difference between the Wildpeak A/T's that come with the ORG trucks and the Wildpeak's you'd get as a replacement/upgrade. Probably the cause of some confusion, and apparently some disappointment when those tires are put to the test.

Yes, my aftermarket Wildpeaks look more aggressive to me.

flynfish

Reaction score
Oh I see, well that makes sense then and I agree they don’t seem very aggressive tread wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The normal aftermarket Wildpeaks are AT3's, which are much more aggressive. Still. that situation you were in needed MT's. In my experience, even great AT tires max out their mud capabilities in something like a really torn up field with 6" or less of mud. After that the tires start getting really caked and become slicks.

Oddly enough, the spare on my Rebel is a Wildpeak AT3 265/70R18 compared to my OEM Duratrac 275/70R18.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The normal aftermarket Wildpeaks are AT3's, which are much more aggressive. Still. that situation you were in needed MT's. In my experience, even great AT tires max out their mud capabilities in something like a really torn up field with 6" or less of mud. After that the tires start getting really caked and become slicks.

Oddly enough, the spare on my Rebel is a Wildpeak AT3 265/70R18 compared to my OEM Duratrac 275/70R18.
Same here... I think the spare AT3's on Rebel's are the same AT3's on ORG trucks. But they aren't the same AT3's that AnthonyD1978 put on his truck for example.

Confused? I am.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here... I think the spare AT3's on Rebel's are the same AT3's on ORG trucks. But they aren't the same AT3's that AnthonyD1978 put on his truck for example.

Confused? I am.
It's raining right now, but when I can I'll take a pic. I think mine was an AT3W. It looked fairly aggressive.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The factory Falken Wildpeak AT3WA tires from the ORG have been reviewed very well in mud/snow on this forum. The only difference members have reported is that the OEM tires don’t have the “three peaks” symbol on them.

Mine ride as quietly as a passenger tire and show virtually no wear at 12K miles.

Users who are viewing this thread