5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Limiteds come with the fender flares by default correct?
Deciding on Husky or Weathertech and I’m leaning more toward the Husky as they look longer and sleeker. Thoughts?

Ryan9

Reaction score
After reading all of the relevant threads on mud flaps, I settled on the WeatherTech flaps for my Longhorn. Installed them today, and I was pleased with the fit and finish. Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread!

(I feel guilty about the dirty truck in these pictures, but I was sure to clean the contact areas very well prior to installation!)

View attachment 20068 View attachment 20069 View attachment 20070 View attachment 20071 View attachment 20072 View attachment 20073
I am looking at WT mudflaps. I noticed you have are suspension. With these flaps, do you feel that on entry/exit mode (or any height mode for that matter) that where the flaps sit they are high risk for ground damage?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking at WT mudflaps. I noticed you have are suspension. With these flaps, do you feel that on entry/exit mode (or any height mode for that matter) that where the flaps sit they are high risk for ground damage?
No, not at all. Of course, I’m not off roading in E/E mode. But the WTs (and Huskies) are out of the way enough for most situations. The Gatorbacks are more likely to hit obstacles, but they have some flexibility.

Ryan9

Reaction score
No, not at all. Of course, I’m not off roading in E/E mode. But the WTs (and Huskies) are out of the way enough for most situations. The Gatorbacks are more likely to hit obstacles, but they have some flexibility.
I don’t plan to off road that much altogether. I just worry about things like snow, speed bumps, etc. But you haven’t found any of things to really be an issue in entry/exit, Aero mode, or regular height?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t plan to off road that much altogether. I just worry about things like snow, speed bumps, etc. But you haven’t found any of things to really be an issue in entry/exit, Aero mode, or regular height?
Not at all (in 3 years).

Users who are viewing this thread