5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud flaps

fiddlyD

Reaction score
So which is best fitting mudflaps for 19 larime sport crew cab??
Mopar? Weather tech? Others?

Damion

Reaction score
I have mopar on the rear of mine with husky in the front ( mopar fronts wouldn't fit with my step bars ) Both sets fit well.

The mopar have a double sided tape strip that sticks on to the body of the truck so they follow the body lines. They also have a weird pocket at the bottom that will catch mud and debris but they do have a drain in the bottom

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the Mopar ones as well. I have them on the front and the rear wheels.

Damion

Reaction score
I should also note my truck does not have the fender flares so my flaps are a little different than those pictured

RamAddic

Reaction score
I’m very happy with the weather techs . I only put them on the rear so far and the fit was perfect . Installed using factory bolts in less than 15 min .

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the MOPAR and I am happy with them. Everybody complains about the "pocket" at the bottom; but they really haven't been an issue for me. I just stick the hose in there when I'm washing to make sure the drains are not plugged up; that takes about 2 minutes of my time once a month. The MOPAR splash guards fit nice and look like they belong on the truck.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are many threads on this. I have the WeatherTech, which seem to be most popular, but Husky and Mopar are also common.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Weathertech.

I had an issue, where they FACTORY stripped one the the fender bolts (on the head side) so it wouldn't come out. Drove by the dealer and made them take it out (so if they screwed it up, they'd own the repair).

And of course, they didn't have a screw to replace it - and since their online parts don't have "numbered exploded views" of assemblies for 2019 - the parts guy can't figure out the exact screw to order (since none of them are in inventory). I imagine FCA's parts system must drive the body shops NUTS for the 2019 models.

Rick

Amazing93

Reaction score
I bought the Husky ones. Very nice fit and finish. I didnt go with the mopar ones because of the weird pocket. Dont needs snow, ice and mud building up in there.

U

User_21361

Weathertech. I have had their products in every vehicle I've owned for the last 10 years. Awesome quality. The flaps fit very well and a super quick install.

jkm312

Reaction score
Take a look at the Gatorback's. I have a set on mine and I like them. They do a great job for me and where I am going. Down side is they cost a bit more. I had similar to the Husky, Mopar, Weather tech style on my last truck, not that impressed. If I had to do it all over again, I would buy the Gatorback's without hesitation.

fiddlyD

Reaction score
What do you think about having them color coded... my truck is white with factory fender flares.. has anybody done this?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take a look at the Gatorback's. I have a set on mine and I like them. They do a great job for me and where I am going. Down side is they cost a bit more. I had similar to the Husky, Mopar, Weather tech style on my last truck, not that impressed. If I had to do it all over again, I would buy the Gatorback's without hesitation.

+1 on the Gatorbacks. Also appreciate the customer service. I had some of the flat black finish on the steel plate flake off after about 6 months. Sent them a picture and they said that's unacceptable and sent a new one, which I got in 2 days.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I’m happy with the MOPAR ones. View attachment 38794

Honestly - much as I like the weathertech ones (I like ALL their products that I use) - the MOPAR ones look a lot nicer. They seem to fit the factory flare nicer, and have an overall nicer fit & appearance.

A may, in the future (simply for appearances sake) dump the WT ones and put on the MOPAR ones.

Just an opinion.

IMG_4930.jpg

Rick

RJS

Reaction score

The Mopar ones are the best fitting and probably the best looking from my point of view and that's why I put them on my 19 Laramie. I am interested in how they will be this winter in Michigan as they possibly will fill with snow. I added a cover for the back ones to fill the gap between the guard and the fender liner but will leave the front ones alone and see how they workout.

Users who are viewing this thread