5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud flaps…..

bogeyb00

Reaction score
New shoes today….bit bigger than OEM’s so front mud flaps won’t fit. Any ideas to stop the mud streaks up the side?

thx in advance!

Attachments

• 8D02280D-C7EF-450E-9CEA-6D1F01DBB63E.jpeg
    8D02280D-C7EF-450E-9CEA-6D1F01DBB63E.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 89

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bigger flares as mentioned may help, but that's generally the price you pay for larger tires and a wider offset. You get more stuff blown up by the tires and compounded by having to remove your flaps.

You have at least stationary running boards which will prevent most of the potential damage to your rear rocker panels/bed sides from rocks being thrown up by the front tires.

I think your best bet for an effective yet attractive solution is PPF on your lower door panels to prevent rock chips, however there isn't much to prevent mud/dirt being thrown up there.

By the way, your truck looks great!

bogeyb00

Reaction score
Bigger flares as mentioned may help, but that's generally the price you pay for larger tires and a wider offset. You get more stuff blown up by the tires and compounded by having to remove your flaps.

You have at least stationary running boards which will prevent most of the potential damage to your rear rocker panels/bed sides from rocks being thrown up by the front tires.

I think your best bet for an effective yet attractive solution is PPF on your lower door panels to prevent rock chips, however there isn't much to prevent mud/dirt being thrown up there.

By the way, your truck looks great!

bogeyb00

Reaction score
That’s a solid idea… was also thinking vinyl wrap stripe down the bottom front to back. Some Rebels come with this paint style….
Thx,
!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s a solid idea… was also thinking vinyl wrap stripe down the bottom front to back. Some Rebels come with this paint style….
Thx,
!

I thought about that myself, you can get the black-two tone some Rebels come in, however unlike their painted finish, yours will actually protect the paint under it from rock chips.

bendernavyfc

Reaction score
New shoes today….bit bigger than OEM’s so front mud flaps won’t fit. Any ideas to stop the mud streaks up the side?

thx in advance!
Ordered the husky and they are really nice but my 35s hit the stock mud flaps, I ordered some Rek gens. Super expensive but waiting for delivery this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/